Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Starting up a store

I'm seriously considering starting up a store; I need some help on how to get hooked up with different companies, and any details people can give me.

I'm not wanting to take over anyone's territory; just want to start up something in my area that doesn't really have a diaper store.

Advertisement

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Starting up a store

You first have to get a business license before you can get wholesale accounts with the manufacturers. (in fact many of the manufacturers won't even release the wholesale prices until they approve you). I will tell you that the mark up isn't that great but it can be done. Some manufacturers require that you already be in business for so long before they will consider you (but most aren't that way). They also usually require a minimum first order of somewhere between $250-$500 of product.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
MiniMe BabyGear
Registered Users
seller

I agree with everything she said:-)

A business license is really easy to get- you just have to apply for it through your state. It took me a couple of weeks to receive it after I applied.

Then you just contact the company to get wholesale information. I have seen minimums as low as $100 and as high as $500. Some people are closed to new wholesale accounts or (like me) do not wholesale at all, but I do not normally find that to be the case. The hardest part is the initial cash to buy. For it to look like you have decent inventory, so much has to be invested right off the bat.

Good luck!
www.wethappened.com
MiniMe BabyGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

Ditto all posted above.
Also get a fictitious name, you can get info in your county city hall and a seller's permit.
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote