Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
BF'ing and dehydration, been there?

I found myself dehydrated in 2007 while nursing ds2 but got over it in a couple of days. Day before yesterday I woke up with it again. I was nauseated, dizzy, disoriented, couldn't walk straight with orange urine, when I did have it. It was bad and I couldn't even drive. No I didn't go to the doctor because I already owe several thousand in med bills from the birth. I have really tried to drink enough to get over it but it is difficult to do that while still nursing every 2 hours. DS is 3 months and taking about 4 1/2 oz every feeding. He seems to be getting enough though. Although he has been waking up for an extra feeding at night since it started. It is day 3 and I do feel much better but the nausea is still there off/on and I still have this nagging headache that started when I woke up that morning.

I still feel "off" and yucky. Anyone been dehydrated that bad while nursing and how long did it take you to get over it? I can only drink so much without wanting to hurl. I drink gatoraide when I can but the sweet drink upsets my stomach more. I am guessing another day of two of

Domestic Goddesss & wife to M mom to H 2000 & J 2006 G June 2010 and 3 angel babies forever in my heart
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: BF'ing and dehydration, been there?

Are you getting enough to eat?? You can absorb water in foods like fruits and veggies as well. Try to carry around a water bottle and drink all the time.
Just2fornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Mix the Gatorade 1/2 & 1/2 with water so it doesn't taste so sweet. I agree with pp, try to drink water throughout the day & make sure you eat enough.

If you don't feel better in a few days, I'd head to the doctor. Hope you bounce back soon!

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yes, eat plenty, we do get a lot of our moisture from our foods, also gatorade or powerade or whatever, will help with electrolits too.
Wife for 16 years to Lance Sr. SAHM, homeschooling mom of 6, 4 boys and 2 little girls, Christian 18 , Lance 14 , Philip 8 , James 6 , and our little Princess Catherine 4 and Precious Baby Reagan 1
cupcakewright is offline   Reply With Quote