Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:
Thank you New Castle!!!

For REALLY upping my supply! I know hops are a galactagogue- but I didn't know that it was this strong! Two times now, I have had 2 or 3 New Castle beers in the evening after DD3 has gone to bed for the night and woken up WAY engorged (like when my milk first came in!) and have been able to pump 10 + oz. in the am (when it's usually 4-6oz.) AND was slightly engorged throughout the day with a super strong letdown w/ spraying!

We are exlusive nursers, but she is a little tongue tied and cannot latch well if I am engorged, so I always pump before she eats in the a.m. after her longest sleep (9 hours or so). I have had other beers in similar quantities when I've nursed in the past (usually a Coors Light/Blue Moon/Sierra Nevada) and have never had this effect, but we had my midwife over and she prefers darker beer, so we had New Castle and WOW- I wish I would have known about this when I was pumping for/nursing my twins- I took fenugreek and Reglan and More Milk Plus... ALL AT THE SAME TIME and didn't have this much of an increase!

Just thought I would share! Not sure how good of an idea it is to be drinking beer all the time- but maybe one a night or every other might still have the same effect?! I am lucky to have a baby who sleeps consistently at night, so I never have to worry about the alcohol in my milk- but I would be comfortable nursing her with a beer in my system now tha she is no longer a NB.

Advertisement

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy

Last edited by Whimsy Twist; 09-29-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thank you New Castle!!!

I will have to try that...I prefer dark beers but the only thing I have ever had was dos equis amber...I will try new castle!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
vlinderanna
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Thank you New Castle!!!

great idea!!! I feel my supply's been a bit low the last few days, my cycle I think, so maybe I'll have a beer tonight, I have at least 6hours after bedtime so I should be good with the alcohol