Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #91
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Re: For the love of reading group - September! *Join us!*

I finished my library loan, Balancing Acts, and am really impressed! I wasn't very excited about it for a while but it really turned around and ended up being a great friendship-story book.

So now I think I'm going to move into the next Sookie Stackhouse book. I'm on #6 now and really looking forward to reading it.

I really shouldn't pick up anything new to read until Monday, though. I have a Tupperware party to do on Sunday and I still haven't done any prep work for it or put together the new catalog folders for the guests. I keep putting it off and telling myself that Saturday will be all business and prep work, but I know I'll be wanting to claw my own face out on Saturday for letting myself slack so much. Dang I wish I could just read all day/night!

Advertisement

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #92
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Finished Outlander book #3 a few days ago!!!.....#4 is OTW to me along with books #4 & #6 of the Highlander series

I'm hoping to get my hands on the newest Stephanie Plum novel this week....I need a good laugh!
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #93
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Just checkin' in! What's everyone working on now?

I'm on the 6th Sookie Stackhouse book and loving it, of course. I'm almost done with Eat, Pray, Love (audiobook) and am really glad I gave it a shot despite the 50/50 reviews.

Up next is the 7th Sookie book.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #94
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good job all!
I have the first book of Highlander series on the way, the first book called "One for the money" at the lib, and Currently reading "water for elephants!"

Side note- Robert Pattinson was actually here in Chattanooga a few months ago filming for this movie and I did not get to spot him, but my good friend did and got a few pics!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #95
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Has anyone read anything by Frank Delaney? I picked up Ireland on audiobook from the library because it sounded pretty good. It's a LONG audiobook though, so was just wondering if the commitment was worth it. The reviews are mostly good, so I'm sure I'll love it (I'm pretty easy to please, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt-townmommy View Post
Good job all!
I have the first book of Highlander series on the way, the first book called "One for the money" at the lib, and Currently reading "water for elephants!"

Side note- Robert Pattinson was actually here in Chattanooga a few months ago filming for this movie and I did not get to spot him, but my good friend did and got a few pics!
Ooh, lots of good ones! I'm on the 4th Stephanie Plum book and really like the series so far. I hope you do, too! Let us know how you like the Highlander one. That series is high on my "read next" list.

LOVED Water for Elephants! I put it off a little bit at first, and am glad I decided to finally read it. One of my top books of the year so far.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #96
Lisonh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finished up the short second life of Bree Tanner . I really liked it . Didn't even take a weekend to read so that was awesome . Started reading the Host and it's taking me a little while to get going . Seems really slow right now but I was told the "action" picks up ....
Wife to John IV , SAHM to John V 10 yrs old , Louis-Philippe 4 yrs old and Naomi Rae Soleil 12/01/2008 http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=358135http://www.youdata.com/join/lisonh My ISO list http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post11707288
Lisonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #97
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finished the newest True Blood book and 2 of the 7 Wonders Books (I'll get titles when I get home) and tried to read another series. I'm going to have to go to a different library because the one closest to my house was lame. They had 3 Highlander books, but they were not in any order, and they really didn't have much of a selection.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #98
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrahsmommy View Post
I finished the newest True Blood book and 2 of the 7 Wonders Books (I'll get titles when I get home) and tried to read another series. I'm going to have to go to a different library because the one closest to my house was lame. They had 3 Highlander books, but they were not in any order, and they really didn't have much of a selection.
That's a bummer about the closer library. Do they offer an inter-library system so you can request the book from the other libraries in the area and pick it up? Our library is pretty great, but there are still quite a few books they don't have. So luckily, I can just have them transferred to our library on loan from whatever library around us that has them available. It sure is convenient. We can also check inventory, make requests, renew, etc online if we want.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #99
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

I started up a new thread for October, so come on over to the new one!