Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For those whose LO go to daycare

Do any of your daycare's allow you to use cloth training pants? I'm starting my YDD in CD and thought, if I'm already washing diapers for her, why not start my 2yo in cloth trainers. Well, my daycare will only accept disposable pull ups. Just frustrated. I'll still use them at home to help decrease the amount of trash as well as save money on the disposable trainers. I figure my youngest will be able to use them when she starts PL. Thanks for allowing me to vent!!

Advertisement

pnutandmunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
gaia06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those whose LO go to daycare

We have an in-home daycare that DD goes to and my DCP has been willing to use cloth trainers with her...I really feel like it helps to have the cloth because DD could care LESS when she has an accident in a disposable pull-up...she doesn't feel it at all in those...so I'm happy that we can use the cloth at daycare and at home to help her learn better...
gaia06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
gwyn779
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ours didn't distinguish between cloth trainers and cloth diapers...and they actually kind of preferred that we just go straight to underwear because the trainers leaked anyway (his problem was/is nap time). With the cloth diapers/trainers, they had to use a special pail, etc., but with underwear, they just put wet ones in a bag in his cubby.
gwyn779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
Junebugmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey mama, that totally sucks about your daycare! We take our little guy to a medium-sized daycare center and they would not take our cloth diapers, but as soon as DS moved to the toddler room at 18mos they were totally on board with using our cloth trainers....so I guess every daycare is different. What if you told them you were going straight to underwear?? Then they might be happy to have you send "underwear" that has a waterproof outer layer so that they are not stuck changing your LO's whole outfit every time there's an accident. GL and good for you for using cloth whenever you can!
Junebugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
Mamajga
Registered Users
Formerly: nan3
seller

I really don't understand why some DCPs make such a big deal about cloth diapers/trainers. IMO it's easier - not as much garbage for them. What I do is send the diapers/trainers in a wetbag and then my DCP puts the used ones in the wetbag (if there are any since DD is now using the potty). I then replace the # of used ones with clean ones and a clean wetbag for the next day. I find it easier for me too since I don't have to lug all those disposables.
Mamajga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
lilmomma83
Registered Users

I don't see how it would be a big deal unless she is having tons of accidents...the center I work out doesn't have any in cloth trainers but we do have some in underwear that still have a couple accidents each day - we just asked parents to bring extra clothes and sometimes do a diaper at nap time (usually just if they are almsot out of dry clothes). The disposable pull ups do hold pee much better - but how would cloth trainers that have the cover attached or put a cover over it work? I used those with DS1 when we EC'd and for one pee it would catch at least most of it and it always caught poop.
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote