Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
Shativari - What do you know about it?

So the internet is limited on much about this herb... I know it's supposed to work like domperidone and can be used along side dom, which allows you to decrease the dom dosing.

I am experiencing some low supply (my milk didn't come in very strong, I'm getting about an oz combined both breasts and my DS is 5 days so I'm not *too* far off the norm) and someone locally offered me her leftover shativari. But I can't find too much information on it...

I'll do anything to increase my supply... Right now we're supplementing at the breast (about 1 oz or so nursed on one side only and then I pump the other side) with donor breastmilk and that's fine... but I'd like to get off that and know I can. He just had his posterior tongue tie clipped yesterday morning and we've taken him off the nipple shield (which we only used for 2 days to get through the TT thing). He's finally peeing and pooping now that he has that bit of extra milk.

So... what do you know about shativari?

mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
My Mood:
Re: Shativari - What do you know about it?

Hey mama, I read about itin Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk but have since loaned my copy out andcan'tremembera blessed thing. I have the powder but haven't used it. Do you have a copy of that book, or can you get your hands on one?
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Shativari - What do you know about it?

I tried the tincture and it was awful - the taste was horrendous. It also didn't do anything for me. I ended up going on dom.
CEO of the home, SAHM to DD born 12/2008. CDing, EBFing, ERFing, trying to adjust to the culture shock of giving up a great career to be a SAHM, proud liberal milspouse to CPT Dan.
Congenital heart defects affect 1 in 100 babies. What if that 1 was yours?
RedheadMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote