Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Bethan_77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
pasty yellow stools

My nb son is eight days old, and ebf. My milk "came in" about 36 hours postpartum. He had a few yellow mustardy stools, but they've been pasty whitish yellow for a couple days, the liquid portion absorbing into the sposie. He developed redness and bumps around his rectum today. I'm going to find some diaper ointment for CDs today (it's our first day in cloth), but what I'm really wondering is if the stools are reason for concern. He has no health concerns, doesnt look jaundiced or anything. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Ehlane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: pasty yellow stools

I have zero medical background, but my DS has also had pasty yellow stools and he's fine. If you're super concerned, I'd head over to the pedi and ask them. You also might want to check your diet and see if you're eating anything that could be irritating his skin. I think as long as you're getting poop and pee diapers and he's acting normal otherwise, you're probably okay!
Ehlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Ehlane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: pasty yellow stools

I have zero medical background, but my DS has also had pasty yellow stools and he's fine. If you're super concerned, I'd head over to the pedi and ask them. You also might want to check your diet and see if you're eating anything that could be irritating his skin. I think as long as you're getting poop and pee diapers and he's acting normal otherwise, you're probably okay!
Ehlane is offline   Reply With Quote