Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
valsblondies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Am I out of my mind???

I stopped bfing ds2 when he was 2yo and ds3 was 2 months old. The tandem bfing was too much on me - I was getting annoyed and overused...ds2 was an easy wean and it seemed like the right time. Now, A year later, he is exhibiting very out of character anger issues and tantrums and at the same time has asked to nurse a few times.

Im still bfing ds3 so supply isnt an issue- am I crazy to consider starting back up w/ a weaned almost 3yo after 10 months??? Has anyone does this? He seems so out of sorts I feel like it might help him....oh man I dont know!

Advertisement

valsblondies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
desertshi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I out of my mind???

That sounds like a typical three year old to me! Learning how to work through the confusing emotions that they experience! I personally would just give him lots of love make sure you make time for "just him." I don't think that I would start nursing a three year old again after ten months though. However, you should only do what you think is the best for you and your son!!!
Waiting on baby #6 coming May 2014!!
desertshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

I personally wouldn't do it...3yo are known to test their boundaries and have tantrums. If you give in, he will know that he just has to act up to get what he wants.

I would however, try to make extra time to read a story or something with him, alone, each day. It is hard with 2 or more little ones, maybe he is jealous and just doesn't know how to express it, at 3....mine was similar after the new baby came.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
valsblondies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol I guess I was spoiled w/ my older ds - he never went through a stage like that- so this is normal? Yikes-Ive been so sad for him.
valsblondies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
desertshi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes! It is completely normal!!! Lucky you if you didn't go through it with the others!! I went through it with both my first two! We'll see this time around.....
Waiting on baby #6 coming May 2014!!
desertshi is offline   Reply With Quote