Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
elimination diet resources?

K, so my 13 (almost 14) month old (still BF, but not EBF) and I are working through her allergies. She's had a bad time with excema since soon after she was born. Dermatologist was of little help, and I've not tried an allergist b/c a) I'd like to avoid the trauma and frustration (I hate going for no results and we live a while from docs and I can't drive), b) I heard they're not so accurate at her age? c) its more money... I will go if we can't figure it out otherwise, but I want to try less docs and more natural life first.

We've eliminated dairy and eggs, and that's made a big difference. She still is having some reactions, and I'm not sure to what.

I'm considering going on an elimination diet. Anyone have good resources on this?

I want to keep a spreadsheet of what she and I eat, and how she feels / acts, how her skin is, etc. Know of any place where there's a spreadsheet so I don't have to type in so many ingredients and etc?

Any info or experience you can say to shed light on this would be great.

Thanks for your help!

I'm one happy and hopeful, crazy mom and wife to the best DH ever.
My DD: ever-moving, always-stubborn, my sweet pea, born 8/09.
Coming in November: A new baby!!
ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: elimination diet resources?

I'm not really a fan of elimination diets...I do things the slow way because elimination diets can make you nutso! (Ask me how I know I tried an elim diet with DS...and still couldn't tell a darn thing after two weeks of frustration). One thing I would suggest if dairy is a problem is that you also eliminate soy and see where that gets you (lots of times if you react to dairy, you'll also react to soy). If that helps but not enough, try taking out things related to soy (other legumes).

Good luck!

Last edited by aaiya; 10-05-2010 at 12:51 AM.
aaiya is offline   Reply With Quote