Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #21
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: placenta on front of uterus. :(

Both my girls' placentas were in the front and although it took a little longer to be able to feel their movements than I would have liked, I was able to feel them just fine (and was kept awake by my busy kicker last time around)

One cool thing though is that you can hear the placenta really well. I had a home doppler for my pregnancy with DD2 and could hear the blood flowing. Not just my pulse, I could actually hear THUMPtrickletrickletrickleTHUMP. Then I was able to hear her heartbeat around 20 weeks.

Advertisement

Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #22
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Thank you all. You've all made me feel better.

In the past couple of days it feels like it *may* have moved a tiny bit. I'm not sure where yet as I haven't checked with a doppler, but two nights ago, I was awaken by a "big" (this is relative, obviously, for being early) THUMP and roll type sensation in my left side (I was laying on my left side). I felt really sure it was the baby, but couldn't be completely sure since I had been sleeping.

Then that day during the day while wide awake I felt a definate kick on my far right side.

Today I am getting all sorts of movement up on the fundus and top anterior part of my uterus. (Or so it feels!)

Anyway, thank you for all the hugs and well wishes and the great advice and comforting words. I know that as the baby grows I'll feel more and more movement, I was just feeling slighted b/c I was feeling some slight movements around 9-10 wks, and then nothing .... esp since I felt my other two so early, I was feeling really disappointed.

I'm really hopeful the placenta is migrating to one side or up or something. Thanks everyone!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

You will feel the baby - it may just take a little longer. I had an anterior placenta with DD1, but I started feeling movement just before 15w - the movement didn't start feeling strong until around 24w.

My last pregnancy, the placenta was posterior, and I did feel a lot more... but i definitely did feel movement with my first.. nice and strong at times too, just like with DD2
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #24
chanee
Registered Users

My Mood:

ug, me too. with my first, i could have told you where his TOENAILS were!
its only been in the last few weeks that i can feel much. i initially felt movement surprisingly early,, that fluttery, I've got something in happening here.. then absolutely nothing. then eventually i could feel a bigger version of that. just a "it's doing something,, i wonder what" kind of thing. but from the very beginning i thought that was what was going on.. they couldnt find a heartbeat and i got extra sonograms out of it. but i asked the tech and she showed me, and sure enough,,, all across the front ,, and im really short, so it covers the whole front of me. i've felt more disconnected from this one for longer. with ds1 i new where he was and what he was doing and by this far along he was my buddy. thats just now starting to happen, cause i can feel him now, i guess better late than never..it's very frustrating and disconcerting.
chanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #25
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm 19 weeks, and kinda also feeling nothing. I'm sure I have anterior placenta, and will find out at the u/s next Monday.
This is for sure my last pregnancy, and I am really looking forward to feeling this baby really move!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #26
niadara
Registered Users
seller

I have an anterior too. I suspected it since I didn't feel clear kicks until 17 weeks (with DS at 15 weeks, but that was the first pregnancy). I am now 22 weeks and get kicked high and low!!! The placenta was confirmed yesterday at our ultrasound (we only do one)...
niadara is offline   Reply With Quote