Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Potty training ideas?

Im sure this is a little different than normal circumstances...

My DS will go #1 and #2 all day long!!

BUT..

If i put underpants on him he will instantly go in those. He wont even hesitate. So he has to be naked to go in the potty.

Do you have any ideas to get him into underpants?!?!?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
chubsiescow
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Potty training ideas?

Oh someone please clue us in on this my ds#2 is doing the same thing right now...naked he is totally potty trained, will even say i need to go potty...slip him into undies and all bet are off, he goes right away!......we are just at home all day and are naked!
chubsiescow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's a phase. We went through the exact same thing with DS2. He'll be 3 next month and started PTing about 3 months ago.

I told him that peeing in his under wear is naughty. I would say "Mommy doesn't pee-pee in my underwear. Daddy doesn't pee-pee in his underwear. Christian (DS1) doesn't pee-pee in his underwear. You're a big boy now. Big boys don't pee-pee in their underweaer."

Then I would ask him about every 30 minutes if he had to pee-pee. Then I would ask every 45 minutes or so....he would sometimes stop and think about it for a second, then tell me yes and we'd run to the potty. Then when he did pee in his underwear, he at least started coming and telling me. Then one day he started telling me when he HAD to go BEFORE the accident.

Right now we're back to peeing in the underwear. But I've figured him out.... when I ask him WHY he peed in his underwear, he says "Because I want air-time." Which is our familie's "code" for "I want to be naked." So he thought that if he peed in his underwear, I'd let him run around naked.

So NOW, no more air time. Now if he pees in his underwear he gets a new pair immediately, and then he has to go into time out.

If he were just learning, and was confused, that'd be one thing..but now we're at the point of him doing it on purpose because he wants to be naked and he thinks this is the way he'll get what he wants.

Good luck!
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you!

Do you think it has something to do with restriction of his parts? I was thinking maybe little boxers would be good?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

anyone else?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We tried boxers because I thought ds2 had the same thought about tighty whities...but it didn't work. I went mad trying to get him not to go in his underwear! He did great while naked too...INSANE. For us it took time, months of it. Once he just peed on the floor right in front of me with no second thought, at 3yo, so I popped him on the butt and told him it was dirty to go on the floor. That changed the whole game and he got much better after that. But I tried for months with underwear and he knew when he had to go because naked he did great. At 3years old he knew better and I could tell. If I had any doubt about that I wouldn't have popped his butt. I do not beat my boys but occationally a pop on the pop does wonders for us. He is solidly potty trained now and has been since 3yrs 4months. He will be 4 in December and doesn't even wet the bed!
I think each child is different and the parents knows better than anyone else. I think before age 3 is delicate and patience is your best tool along with reinforcement. I also think at around 3 they really do know and connect the two and it is mostly a matter of habit training.

Last edited by TaraR; 10-05-2010 at 10:04 PM.
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote