Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #11
freeray76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm feeling sick all the time

I have tried most of that, and no luck so far for me either. I'm only 8 weeks, but I swear this kid started making me sick from conception! I HOPE that it will get better in my 2nd trimester. I have a business to run and a preschooler! Last time was breezy, this time, not so much! I feel for you all, as I'm there in the boat with you.

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

buy a piece of ginger root from your local grocery store. peal a sliver, put it in boiling water, sweeten and drink
Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cntrykids View Post
Thanks ladies! I haven't thrown up yet, but I'm just sick feeling all the time. I'd rather not take prescription drugs while I'm pregnant, but maybe I'll have to look into other things.
Well you could try making your own cocktail for Diclectin. In Canada they have an approved drug for morning sickness and hyperemesis gravidum. Diclectin is made from the active ingredient in Unisom tablets (10mg Doxylamine succinate, an antihistamine) and Pyridoxine HCl which is Vitamin B6. They think nausea can actually be atributed to a pyridoxine deficientcy.
Unisom is considered safe during pregnancy so no worries there. Much safer than even Zofran & Reglan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
buy a piece of ginger root from your local grocery store. peal a sliver, put it in boiling water, sweeten and drink
I heard this works for a hangover too! Anyway, I personally can't stand the taste of ginger in anything but asian cooking and ginger snap cookies. I don't like ginger tea at all. It actually makes me feel even more sick.

Last edited by TwinKristi; 10-07-2010 at 04:36 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ginger beer (not fake ginger ale, but something with real ginger)works well for me, but I don't care for the taste of ginger.

With my last two pregnancies I resorted to Zofran. It can be expensive, but here is a generic version now (much less expensive). At least there was when I was pregnant w/ DD3. I also used Phenergan, but took it a night just incase it made me sleepy. I'm actually off to pick up some Zofran (generic, I hope) soon, I've been feeling nauseous too, I have thrown up twice so far, and I'm 6 weeks today.

Last edited by staceyroo77; 10-07-2010 at 04:42 PM.
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #15
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeray76 View Post
I have tried most of that, and no luck so far for me either. I'm only 8 weeks, but I swear this kid started making me sick from conception!
This is me too. Absolutely nothing has worked and I've been sick since about 7dpo. A good friend is a midwife and she swears that the best fix is protien, tons and tons of protien. 80-100 grams a day while sick. I haven't been able to try this as the though of eating a protein makes me so much worse. If you think you can stomach a protien drink, try getting some whey protein or other pea combo protien (not soy) and drink as much as you can handle in a day. If you can get 50+ grams in that, you might be able to make up the rest in food.

Her other suggestion is pringles. Didn't work for me either

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
Babygirl1
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok so this is my 4th successful pregnancy and I have had the worst morning sickness I could ever imagine this time. And like you ALL THE TIME! So heres what I did...allong with trying to stay hydrated, eating small meals often, having saltines, etc handy, all the regular stuff people normally do I tries these...prescription-all but 1 make you drowsie and Im just not comfortable enough taking them, get some papaya enzyme tablets in the natural foods sectin of your grocery store. As the label said i took 3 in the am (and they really dont taste too bad-not near as bad as tums and 1 as needed throughout the day-seems to help, have peppermint on hand-the mentos seem to work best for me and seem to help, and use "Seabands"-these are the little fabric bands that go on your wrists with a little plastic ball. Make sure to wear both at the same time and read the directions and play around tilll you get them positioned just right. You can get these in the medicatin area at any store-freddies, walgfreens, safeway, etc. Ask the pharmasist for tips on where to position them. They are for motion sickness, morning sickness, etc. These work GREAT! I have never tried them before but know some people SWEAR by them for oth issues. I have taken them off at night before and woke up to go potty and been so sick Ihad to put them back on. If you dont have success its probably the position isnt right. You can also try pepppermint tea-I couldnt handle it, raspberry leaf tea-(normally my favorite but couldnt stomach it), and goolge ideas. Remember when youeat to eat a VARIETY of different things because if you get use to toast, saltines, etc your body starts to get use to it and it can make you more sick without even realizing it. So the three new thigs that helped me the most (and doing them all together to do anything I can to get through this) were the papaya enzyme tablets, peppermints, and Seabands. Hope this hleps and good luck!
Babygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:13 AM   #17
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I know you said you wouldnt take RX meds, but I took zofran and I did have horrible nausea and was throwing up several times a day.
I tried pretty much everything before giving in to the zofran and it was the ONLY thing that allowed me to feel a bit human and get out of bed.
I think I had borderline hypermesis, I was also producing a lot of extra saliva and Ive read that's another sign of hypermesis.

I was like you I was basically bedridden and rarely left the house, pure misery.
total torture, I was really sick from about 7weeks till about 18weeks w/it subsiding around 20weeks. I still get a lighter version of it because of other meds I have to take but I am able to deal w/it w/o taking the zofran.

I can not take unisom because it gives me restless legs syndrome and actually keeps me awake. =x

I hope you feel better.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Didn't read through all the posts but one thing that did help me was Sea Bands. That and praying to God that this all be over soon!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #19
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the ideas! I will try to seek out sea bands and see if they help. Eating protein and crackers every couple of hours helps a little too. Yesterday, I was craving beef jerky, so I bought some. It really helped (well, long enough for me to get groceries anyway lol).

I'm just thankful that I'm not actually throwing up! In four pregnancies, I've only thrown up ONCE! And that was after taking a prescription prenatal pill...ewww.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote