Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #21
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: joing y'all soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs4kids View Post
PS....when you come up, can you bring 400 cases of Cherry Coke & PM me when you get here? LOL, jk....we no longer sell it here....*sigh* I love that stuff.
A mama after my own heart...everytime I go to the States I drink that stuff like it's goin' outta style (cos apparently it is up here... )

Oh ya, from what I've heard Timmie's is waaaaay more popular in ON than at least out west. I mean it's popular here but there it's POPULAR
(like every street corner )!! lol

Advertisement

Last edited by crazylife; 06-24-2010 at 06:19 PM.
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #22
grimesy104
Registered Users

Thought I'd give this thread a bump- I'm in a similar situation. Will be moving to Edmonton in a few months for the hubs job... we are moving from Virginia, but I'm originally from New England, so I think I'm ready for the winter.

I have to admit, the no Target thing has got me a little worried. I'm so all about Target. I'm sure I'll be able to find something comparable? And thanks, somebody for clearing up that "Your KD is our KD" comment. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what KD was.

I was also hoping that maybe some of you Edmonton mamas could give me some tips as to what neighborhoods/areas are good for kids? We've got 2 girls- one is almost 4months and the other is 22 months. My husband and I will most likely be coming up to scout out our housing situation before we move up for good, but if I had an idea of what area I'm looking for it would be helpful. I'd love to avoid the soulless subdivision if at all possible... love a neighborhood that I an walk to parks/coffeeshops/library/etc. Older homes with character, that sort of thing. Is there an area like that there? We'll be looking to rent, as we'll probably only be there a few years.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice you have for me during this CRAZY stressful time!
grimesy104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
suzygrasshopper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Actually Grimesy Edmonton is a very fam friendly city. Most areas are really good. I would say anywhere in suberbea would be good. We are living in the NW for the first time in an older neighbourhood and I'm amazed at how many kids are in our area, West and south are also very good areas. There are tons of older homes as well as fantastic brand spankin new areas as well. We have a great bus system(which I'm learning for the first time right now), and a Timmies on nearly every street corner (so you can get your coffee fix). We just moved back into the city after living in a small bedroom community(town about 20 minutes out of the west end) Moving into the north side was a smidge scary even for me and I know people in this city! The rent is fairly reasonable out here(course I don't know what it is like in the states) But you can rent a nice town house for $1300 + utilities. We have an older place that has been fully renovated that is about 1500 sq foot and it's $1350. Huge amount of kids in our complex. As for looking for a rental I would go on line. Kijiji is great for that here. Let me know if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them as a long time Edmontonian
suzygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #24
eesabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yay welcome to Canada! We're really not that much different
eesabean is offline   Reply With Quote