Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

GBS Natural Remedies

What all do you do to naturally treat GBS?

I'm going to get tested, but I want to treat it as though I have it. I want to avoid antibiotics and am hopeful that I will arrive at the hospital pretty much ready to push With DD I got to the hospital at almost 9cm, but was there for like 2 hours before I had her. They broke my water at 9.5cm (which I don't plan to allow to happen this time and am so upset they talked me into last time). This time I don't want them to have a chance to get me hooked up to an IV or anything.

So, what all do you do?
Vit C doses?
How do you do hibiclense?
What probiotic?

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: GBS Natural Remedies

My midwife has all her mamas take garlic pills for a week or two before the test.

Probiotics are good bacteria that your body needs. The antibiotics will kill all bacteria, so the probiotics will put good bacteria back into your system.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

The hibiclense you just rub up in your vagina before a bath, it kills bacteria. Along with that take B-propolis 500mg, three pills 3x a day. And also grape fruit seed extract pills, take two 2x a day. These were the instructions from my midwife.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here's a link to a hibiclens protocol, very much like that used in Europe, where they don't usually use systemic antibiotics for GBS. http://www.drmomma.org/2009/09/chlorhexidine-hibiclens-protocol-for.html

I also did tea tree oil suppositories for four nights, followed by probiotic suppositories for a couple of nights. My midwife provided the suppositories.

I used GSE capsules orally, too.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

My birth instructor suggested one of two ways to get rid of it. Either bruise/cut a clove of garlic and insert it vaginally 5 nights in a row (new piece of garlic each night), or douching once a day for 3 days in a row with a solution of one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to four parts water. Never tried either, and I can't vouch for those methods, but those were the two methods she recommended.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never get tested, after I positive w/ my first HB. I take garlic vaginally from 37 weeks and use hibiclense in labor.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #7
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the info ladies! I've been using garlic to help with yeast so I can just keep that up lol. It doesn't fully cure it, but it helps some. I wonder if the hibicleanse would help too. I didn't know it was pregnancy-safe, but I have a bottle around here somewhere so I will start using that closer towards the end. I also need to get some more probiotics (bad me ran out!!). Guess I should also get some GSE capsules

Does anyone know how to make the tea tree oil suppositories? I have gel capsules (probably the wrong size) and tea tree oil. I bet that would probably help with my yeast too!

Also, how many mg GSE?

Last edited by BabyD'sMommy; 10-21-2010 at 08:12 AM.
BabyD'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wrapped the freshly-bruised garlic clove in a piece of sterile gauze and soaked it in olive oil for easier insertion.
I am still trying to figure out how to apply plain yogurt...
I tried GSE drops in juice too.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Per my MW's instructions I am taking a few things to avoid a GBS+. I do echinacea, vitamin C, garlic, probiotic pearls, acidophilus, kefir and yogurt.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote