Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
blackberry75
Registered Users

Dumb ? 's about freezer meals

If I want to freeze a tuna noodle casserole, should I make the sauce and add it to uncooked noodles? Or partially cook the noodles? I'm worried if I cook the noodles according to the recipe they will get mushy when hubby throws it in the oven after being frozen.
Also, can I bake a meatloaf and freeze that or would it turn out to greasy? I need to have meals that hubby can just throw into the oven and set the time. After class/clinicals I'm to beat to make dinner from scratch and hubby's idea of a good dinner is Mac&cheese with tuna and peas. While not the worst thing in the world, I can't eat that every night, lol.

Edit-also, do you know of any meals I can assemble and freeze that he could throw into the Crockpot the day he plans on serving it? I need these to be totally brainless, as I've seen him cook-it's not pretty.

Advertisement

Last edited by blackberry75; 10-23-2010 at 10:04 PM.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
dandasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dumb ? 's about freezer meals

Not sure about tuna noodle casserole as I don't make it.

Meatloaf is easily frozen. You can make a meatloaf and then separate into portions so he's only thawing out what you'll eat that day.

Also, regarding leftovers, you don't always have to throw things in the freezer. On days that you don't have class/clinicals (not sure if that is an every day thing) you could make something and then keep it in the fridge for two days from that day (so you're not eating the same thing 2 nights in a row).

You should be able to freeze stuff and then have cans out or a note with cans of what to add. Like you could freeze some veggies and chicken and leave a note to put that in the crock pot with 1 container of chicken broth or whatever needs to be added.

Depending on how you feel about this, I use Tupperware containers and the microwave a lot. I have containers that go straight from the freezer to the microwave. You can also move it from the freezer to the fridge the night before so the reheating time is less.
dandasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
blackberry75
Registered Users

Re: Dumb ? 's about freezer meals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandasmommy View Post
Not sure about tuna noodle casserole as I don't make it.

Meatloaf is easily frozen. You can make a meatloaf and then separate into portions so he's only thawing out what you'll eat that day.

Also, regarding leftovers, you don't always have to throw things in the freezer. On days that you don't have class/clinicals (not sure if that is an every day thing) you could make something and then keep it in the fridge for two days from that day (so you're not eating the same thing 2 nights in a row).

You should be able to freeze stuff and then have cans out or a note with cans of what to add. Like you could freeze some veggies and chicken and leave a note to put that in the crock pot with 1 container of chicken broth or whatever needs to be added.

Depending on how you feel about this, I use Tupperware containers and the microwave a lot. I have containers that go straight from the freezer to the microwave. You can also move it from the freezer to the fridge the night before so the reheating time is less.
Thank you. The microwave idea sounds good, but I'll have to make those meatless. Hubby won't eat any meat that's even been heated in the microwave, I'm as to why. I can't taste a difference, but he swears it tastes funny.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote