Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

What to do with FSOTs

So I've been selling a few more things on FSOT lately (yay!) and I'm wondering how to best protect myself. I always send things with DC and try to provide the best descriptions and open communication.
What I really want to know is do I need to somehow keep record of our communications? If so, what is the best way to do that? Any other tips for a new seller?

Advertisement

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Re: What to do with FSOTs

If you are particularly concerned you can take screen shots of correspondance and save them in a file on your computer. I had to do this recently with a buyer who was flim flamming.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

I'm not particularly concerned, everythings been easy and straightforward so far. I just want to protect myself the best i can because I really am trying to be the best B/S/T-er.

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
dandasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My thoughts are to make sure you look over your stuff very carefully and try to document (in a picture) or disclose anything and everything that might be an issue for someone else. Things that might not be a big deal to some mamas could be a big deal to others and you wouldn't want someone to want a refund because you didn't disclose something and the diaper (or whatever) ends up being "not as described". I'd also keep messages (email or PM) until the transaction is complete. Always get delivery confirmation.

I know it's hard, especially when new to know what to look for and what to do. I have bought some diapers where the elastic was replaced and that wasn't disclosed to me. I then sold them in two different transactions. In the first, I didn't know the elastic was replaced, even when I looked it over. The mama brought it up to me and wasn't happy at all. Luckily, she didn't think I was trying to scam her because of the detail/pictures I provided. I gave her a partial refund to avoid having to pay for her to ship it back to me and then turn around and try to sell it to someone else. In the second, I was looking over the diaper a second or third time and happened to notice the stitching was a little off (now that I knew what to look for). Since I was doing a trade, I lowered the trade value due to the replaced elastic.
dandasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
mistylynn313
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I keep all PMs until feedback is left or its been more than 60 days. I agree with the pp's about giving your items a good once over and be as detailed as possible. Don't use generic terms like EUC, GUC, VGUC, EEEEEUC and so on. Rather describe the item and any wear and tear it might have.