Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
MamaStick
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: U/S and wrong due date?

My period was really weird because of BFing. When I went in for my initial prenatal visit in the summer, the nurse practitioner said I 'felt' 16-18 weeks. Then she did the due date calc with the wheelie and said my conception had to have been around Easter.

I thought that was weird, because in April I had another one of my weirdo AF visits - on and off for 2 weeks. Really light, but still. I never had implantation bleeding for more than 2 days.

U/S was two weeks later, I think. I just thought it was weird that she was a month off- this lady I have been seeing for pregnancies since 2005 and has never been this off.

How I'm carrying...looks like a basketball, but so did my others. When I had the U/S done, the tech was a new girl, she had to call someone else in to help her and then they both kept staring at the screen for ages. The more experienced wanted a different machine, she said the one they were using was old. I told DH last night it would be just our luck that there was a twin hidden behind the one, lol.

BTW- cramps stopped about an hour after the kids went to bed. None so far today - but I am packing my bag just in case.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my belly measured big by cm, but u/s always gave an accurate date with all 3 off mine. (and the bh contx started earlier and earlier for me)

I would go off the dating u/s if it was done by 16ish weeks, and err of the side of caution vs doing an early c-sec (or at least get an amnio if so)

eta just read above - i would forget what you nurse prac said by "feeling" b/c that says nothing..maybe you have a large placenta in there

and sorry about the recent passing of you mother

Last edited by tygr2410; 10-25-2010 at 09:12 AM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
eta just read above - i would forget what you nurse prac said by "feeling" b/c that says nothing..
ITA. Manual exam is by far the least accurate way to date. And if your u/s wasn't done until after that, it could definitely be off by a couple of weeks. I'd ask them about moving up your date and definitely have that bag packed!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote