Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ideas to flip a breech baby

These are a few things that I tried:

visualization--put up lots of pictures/drawings of vertex babies all around you
hypnosis--HypnoBabies has a Turn Your Breach Baby CD
sifting--you can read about that on Spinning Babies

Plus I did handstands in a pool and inversions. I'm not sure exactly what worked, but she turned!

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #12
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

No suggestions but this was an interesting read! Handstands in the pool? Never heard of that. DS was breech till (I think IIRC) about 32 wks. MW recommended accupuncture/chiro but he turned on his own by 36 wks.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #13
BunnyLamb
Registered Users

The chiropractic technique everyone is raving about is called the Webster technique. You want to find a chiropractor who is Webster certified. I highly recommend looking on the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association's website: www.icpa4kids.org. Most of their members are Webster certified. Good luck!

www.beautyofmothering.com
BunnyLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you're 38 weeks and you go to the chiro, go every day until baby flips. It might just take a day or two, it might take longer.

DS was breech from the get-go. Would.not.flip. He wasn't head down once from the time we realized he was for sure breech at 30 weeks.
I tried all the yoga moves, the ice on the top of my belly, (while in a tub of warm water so the warmth was at the bottom) crawling around on my hands and knees forever, hanging upside down off the couch, chiropractor visits, visualization, etc.
He would not turn.

We had an external version done at 37 weeks that was successful. (The rates of those working are only something like 60some % but the Dr. who did it on me had a 90% success rate at doing it.)
After he was born, and we saw the placenta, we realized why he wouldn't turn on his own.. it was folded in half with the cord wrapped around it. DS couldn't get by it on his own to flip down. That dang thing was harder to get out of me than DS was.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we are scheduled for Chiro on Fri then version if it doesn't work. I am surprised how many ppl have said the ice thing I am a little worried that chiro won't work my mw assistant (student) said that as far along as I am often adjustment doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layna View Post
If you're 38 weeks and you go to the chiro, go every day until baby flips. It might just take a day or two, it might take longer.

DS was breech from the get-go. Would.not.flip. He wasn't head down once from the time we realized he was for sure breech at 30 weeks.
I tried all the yoga moves, the ice on the top of my belly, (while in a tub of warm water so the warmth was at the bottom) crawling around on my hands and knees forever, hanging upside down off the couch, chiropractor visits, visualization, etc.
He would not turn.

We had an external version done at 37 weeks that was successful. (The rates of those working are only something like 60some % but the Dr. who did it on me had a 90% success rate at doing it.)
After he was born, and we saw the placenta, we realized why he wouldn't turn on his own.. it was folded in half with the cord wrapped around it. DS couldn't get by it on his own to flip down. That dang thing was harder to get out of me than DS was.
the mw said sometimes there's a "good reason" why the babe won't turn.. he was actually head down (and low) for most of my pg. it's only been the past 3 weeks I think he's been head up. I don't know what happened, but I've been trying spinning babies.. I think I'm going to try the ice thing with DH too. I just really don't want a section
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)

Last edited by joy7s; 10-20-2010 at 10:10 PM.
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #16
Layna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would call and see if the chiro can squeeze you in today too. Let them know you have a version scheduled and would like to give the baby a better chance to flip before then.

Oh, and they think that one of the reasons my version went so well (It was painfull, but not near as painfull as what people had been telling me.) was because of my chiro visits. It probably made it so there was more room for them to work with.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Spring, any updates?