Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Users
he won't go at daycare...any ideas???

My DS is about 2.5...will be 3 in February. He is doing really well with me at home, and he even recently began going in public with me (at the zoo, at a restaurant, and at the gym). At daycare he has gone a handful of times, but most days he tries, doesn't go, holds his pee for a LONG time, and then wets his diaper sometime during nap time. I can't pin down what it is about daycare that makes it different...I have even taken him in the bathroom there when dropping him off to try or just to get him more comfortable with the potty there. I don't know if it is the fact that they take a bunch of them together (they will take him any time if he says he has to go...but usually they take the group to the bathroom, which is in the pre-k room down the hall). Maybe he is a shy potty goer...maybe he isn't comfortable when I am not there. One time he peed at least 3 times at daycare, but that was the day I bribed him with a new train if he peed at school. I thought once we got over that hurdle he would continue to go. Not so much! The past few times he has been holding his pee ALL morning and then wakes up from nap around 3 pm with a wet diaper. He is old enough to reason with a little too, and i have mentioned that it isn't good for his "belly" to hold it like that. Today I promised him a fun size of m&m's if he went at school...he did poop at school today, which is new for school, but he did not pee. He was wet twice in the late morning and afternoon. It just frustrates me b/c a) he knows how to do it fine and b) I can't help him on those 3 days he is at daycare and can't figure out what the stumbling block is for him. Arrrgh! Any ideas??? or do we just keep at it???

Proud mama to... Nathan (2/12/08) and Aaron (1/31/11)
laurenmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote