Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Preschool moms

How much time do you put into making your lesson plans each week? What sort of things do you include in your plans?

babymakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Preschool moms

Some weeks are better than others for me. Over the summer I put together various "kits" like for sorting, patterns, counting games, file folder games, letter-specific activities (found on blogs like and, etc. I divided up the letter-specific things into folders, one for each letter. I also divided up various worksheet pages (dd loves them, so...) and other activities. For instance, I found a bunch of little things in Joann's $1 section. I also have folders for each season and for major holidays and put various corresponding activities in those, too. For things that don't fit in file folders, I have index card to represent them. At night I go through the folder and pop activities into dd's workboxes.

In the beginning, each folder/letter represented a week of activities. But as we got involved in classes at the community center and other things, that has gone out the window. Now we just work through them on our low-key days, at a comfortable pace, and finish whenever we finish. I was honestly just thinking today that I might just cut back to a few worksheets whenever she wants to "do school". I know, it's criminal. But dd really does love them. I figure the rest of our lives are enriching enough with playdough, cooking, music, play, art, art, art, field trips, friends, etc. I'm certain she is getting everything she needs. Sometimes all of my activities feel like overkill. I mean, it's just preschool. As long as she learns her letters and numbers, I think she'll be okay.

Basically, just do what you're comfortable with. It's only preschool.
Adrienne, wife and lover to Andrew Mama to Simon (2/21/06 - 2/26/06), Norah (6/28/07), Ezra (5/11/10), and Phoebe (6/14/12).
NorahsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Preschool moms

I use Sonlight P3/4 and P4/5 because I don't like to plan! The P4/5 is more preschool like, but we don't follow it to a T because I add things like reading and math and Kumon books. We use The Reading Lesson: Teach Your Child to Read in 20 Easy Lessons. Hope that helps :0)
jenniferlamberjack is offline   Reply With Quote