|Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|11-01-2010, 02:00 PM||#11|
Re: Egg Free Birthday Cake Recipes???
I second the banana. I had a daycare child with an egg allergy and so I substituted bananas for eggs all the time. I would just buy a cake mix and add the bananas instead of the eggs. Works the same for muffins. I also pulled the following off the internet. I keep a copy of it hanging in my cupboard in case I ever need it again. Oh and icing will have eggs in it IF there is meringue powder in it! If you are making your own cake, you can use a simple buttercream recipe. My favorite buttercream recipe is Indydebi's buttercream recipe (google it). Here are the substitutions I have.
· Ener-G Egg Replacer - follow directions on box.
· 2 tbsp cornstarch = 1 egg
· 2 tbsp arrowroot flour = 1 egg
· 2 tbsp potato starch = 1 egg
· 1 heaping tbsp soy powder + 2 tbsp water = 1 egg
· 1 tbsp soy milk powder + 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water = 1 egg.
· 1 banana = 1 egg in cakes.
· 1 tbsp milled flax seed and 3 tbsp water = 1 egg. Light, fluffy cakes!
Beth Wife to J , SAHM to DSS J (12/01) , Ju (01/08)and JE (12/09) and due with Baby J May 18, 2010