Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
tigger15623
Registered Users
seller

contractions or something else

As silly as it sounds i cant tell if i am having contractions or if the baby is pushing on somthing that makes it hurt. THis is my second baby and with my first baby i never had precontractions i did not have any contractions in till i went in labor they dr strectch me out and i was in labor with in mins. and it was all back labor
well now with the second child i am 36 weeks along and i get sharp pains in my belly some hurt really bad some dont but i still fell the baby move some dose the baby still move some doing contractions. I will get them close together for about 30min. and then no more in till the next day or few days been going on for a few weeks on hurt so bad when i tried to get up i could not stand up all the way
So is it the baby pushing on something down low as the baby fells that it sits really low or am i starting to get those braxton hick contractions
thanks

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: contractions or something else

Braxton hicks don't TYPICALLY hurt - mine don't - but I've heard people say that theirs do. I never felt them with my first pregnancy either, but I feel them a lot this time around. Is your tummy hard when you're having the pain? Generally if your belly is hard-ish while you're feeling it that might suggest you're having contractions. When is your next appointment? My other suggestion is to call your OB or MW or whoever is treating you (if you have one) and explain it to them. How long does the pain last for (in seconds or however long)? It's kind of hard to tell from the way you're explaining it. Sometimes I get sharp pains in my lower abdomen and it's just one of the babies poking my cervix, LOL. I think my contractions felt a lot like HORRIBLE period cramps - but your first one at least sounded different. I hope this helps a little...
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

Try pushing gently on your belly while feeling the pain -- if your uterus is soft, it's not a contraction; if it's hard then it's a contraction.

I get these weird stretching feelings that are painful, if's as if my twins are standing on top of each other and pushing outwards...LOL
Old 06-20-2006, 04:04 PM   #4
momof4
Registered Users
seller

I have this, too, and I think it's not B-H, just baby pushing on something. When you have contractions, it's pretty unmistakeable.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
tigger15623
Registered Users
seller

thanks thats a lot of help kind of sounds like its the baby pushing on something like my cervix then they only last maybe 15 seconds. My next appotiment is tommrow they are doing the strepb test that day this one is so diffent then my first pregrancy i was never sick iwth my first daughter and this time around i was sick every night for the first 6 months i was sick that i lost weight to tell you the truth i am a big girl anyway i have not gained any wait at all each appotement i go from lossing a few lbs to gaing a few lbs but the baby sticks way out as my jeans dont fit thanks for the advice
christy