Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
epiclesis
Registered Users
seller

Nautilus?

So, I was at Target a couple days ago just playing around and oogling over car seats....
I was putting my 11 week old (about 24 inches and about 16lbs) in various different seats.

I saw the Nautilus and though to put him in it just to see him in it. It literally would have fit him because the straps are so low.

Is that possible? Does anyone use the lowest strap settings when they get a Nautilus? If the lowest settings would fit my 11 week old, it seems like it would be too low when it comes to old enough to FF a baby and kind of just really dumb.

Advertisement

epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
molafishlover
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nautilus?

We have the nautilus and I think we just switched up to the second setting a couple weeks ago (15 months 22 lbs). We love it and plan on getting another for hubby's car. Plus you can take the back off so it turns into a booster too.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
Zappa
Registered Users
seller

I would think that since the majority of people turn their kids FF at 1 and 20 the lowest strap slots will get used quite often. My DD was a few months over 3 when we got hers so we started at the second from the top slots and are still there.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
hrice
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Children need to remain RF until a minimum of 2 years old, preferably much longer. PP if you are planning on purchasing a new seat for your DH's car I strongly suggest getting a convertible to RF your 15 month old. It is so much safer!
hrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
dandasmommy
Registered Users
seller

That's crazy that an 11 week old can fit in a Nautilus! I don't think it's a good thing that the straps are so low because it might just encourage people to use it unsafely
dandasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh my gosh, i was looking at the customer photos for the nautilus on amazon? there are so many tiny kiddos in them! i couldn't believe it! i know a lot of people turn their babies early, but it was hard to see such littles in them. crazy that an 11 week old would fit though!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
oh my gosh, i was looking at the customer photos for the nautilus on amazon? there are so many tiny kiddos in them! i couldn't believe it! i know a lot of people turn their babies early, but it was hard to see such littles in them. crazy that an 11 week old would fit though!
Yeah, FF tiny ones with belly clips! I can't even look at them!

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
CrazyBoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote