Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Zephaniah's unexpected hospital birth..

Congrats! Its hard givingup the birth you had planned! I'm still a littleupset at how mine turned out 6 weeks later ! glad you are all ok, and the same thing happened with my cousin and the epidural...she needed it to allow her body torelax...you did the right thing!

Advertisement

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #12
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
congrats on baby
whoohoo
sorry but just wondering mw didnt come cuz she was sick? no back-up mw?
yeah there are only two in the practice.. I knew it could end up like that.. I guess usually only one is on call b/c they are on call so much. Actually my old mw is usually on call for them but she was on vacation. ( i loved my old mw only left the practice b/c I wanted a hb)

I do think that if we would've been at home I prob would've ended up at the hosp anyway b/c he just wasn't coming out.. of course I may have been more relaxed and able to get him out at home?? Guess I'll never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by howmanykids View Post
Congrats! Its hard givingup the birth you had planned! I'm still a littleupset at how mine turned out 6 weeks later ! glad you are all ok, and the same thing happened with my cousin and the epidural...she needed it to allow her body torelax...you did the right thing!

Thanks so much for the encouaragment. I agree it is really hard when what you wanted didn't happen. I am still morning and I hope you are able to do the same. My one friend told me it's okay to be happy and sad and I'm so glad she said that.
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #13
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry i was just wondering...........
i regret i didnt call the photographer earlier and only have a couple pics from birth
i think about it every day
the mw's missed the birth too but that doesnt even phase me lol since the asst. was their and they came right after when i needed them their
so yeah dot live wondering why,what if
you have your precious baby here now
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
sorry i was just wondering...........
i regret i didnt call the photographer earlier and only have a couple pics from birth
i think about it every day
the mw's missed the birth too but that doesnt even phase me lol since the asst. was their and they came right after when i needed them their
so yeah dot live wondering why,what if
you have your precious baby here now
I agree it's so hard not to say "what if".. During the birth I was crying/upset about so much.. maybe that's why i'm doing better now With all 4 I said "the baby's not going to come out" which was funny three times.. this time it wasn't b/c it felt like he wasn't! However everyone did laugh when I kept saying "I'm too old to do this"
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
Old 11-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on your new little man. I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you had planned but glad everyone is healthy. Please don't put yourself through the "what-ifs" as you'll never know what would have happened. Enjoy your babymoon!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey0902 View Post
Congrats on your new little man. I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you had planned but glad everyone is healthy. Please don't put yourself through the "what-ifs" as you'll never know what would have happened. Enjoy your babymoon!
thank you! and you are right. Dwelling on it doesn't help at all
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
mama2boys1girl
Registered Users
seller

We had an unexpected hospital birth too. It was hard to come to terms with, but 6 months later I am just grateful for my healthy daughter! CONGRATS to you!
mama2boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #18
ablessedmommy
Registered Users
seller

Sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted but Congrats on your new baby boy!
ablessedmommy is offline   Reply With Quote