Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:
Weight Watchers question

I went on Weight Watchers before I got pregnant with my first and it really worked well for me. I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for a couple of years before I got pregnant.

I'd like to go back on it. DD is 8 weeks old. I know they give you extra points for nursing. But I'm wondering if it will be enough? I eat sooo much these days that it will be a huge cutback, even with the extra points.

I guess I just need reassurance from someone who's done it while nursing that it won't affect my supply or anything!

Advertisement

momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
gringacely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight Watchers question

I've done/am doing it! My dd is 8 mo & I am back to my pre-preganacy weight, but I still have 10 more to go (I think I gained about 40-45lbs durring this pregnancy - at the end I just couldn't look at the scale). I don't think it has effected my milk production, but if it does you can always eat more and drink some lactation tea.

You get 10 extra points a day plus the 35 extra weekly. Days I am hungry, I just eat more and don't worry about it. There is a great weight loss thread on DS where mamas check-in each week. Check it out.
gringacely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am glad I saw this thread. I also lost a bunch of weight while doing WW before I got pregnant. I have gained more weight than I expected this pregnancy and am looking forward to re-joining WW.

There were several new and nursing mothers that were attending meeting when I was going. That was encouraging.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
2babiesndiaps
Banned

I did WW after #1 and it worked pretty well. I loved that I could eat veggies and grapes and things and they didn't count, but like the pp said, when I was hungry and needed protein I ate it and moved on. The pregnancy lbs did come off, but it took until dd was 10 months for the last ten. Good luck and enjoy that baby! They grow up SO quickly!!!
2babiesndiaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
goofygirl422
Registered Users
seller

Worked for me both times around. Now I am actually below my pre-pregnancy weight with baby #1.

10 points is right!!! Once the baby starts nursing less than 5 times a day, then you get 2 points per nursing session.

Hope that helps!!
goofygirl422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
srfbluemama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

It worked for me both times--without hurting my supply. I'm about 10 lbs. away from pre-preg. weight from this pregnancy (gained 45 lbs ), and then I would like to lose 10 more lbs. Even though I've done WW before with extra nursing points, it still surprises me that I actually eat so much and still lose weight... I think I'm finally making healthier choices, rather than blowing points on unhealthy choices...
Old 05-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Thanks everybody! It's really encouraging to hear good experiences. I'll be going on Thursday. Of course, right now I'm celebrating my last few days of freedom. (2 big bowls of Honey Nut Chex for breakfast. )
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #8
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:

I did WW while nursing...the extra points were plenty for me...in fact some days I had to drink chocolate milk just to reach my points. It is very important that you eat the allowed points for your milk production! GL!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started WW when my DS was 3 weeks old. I'm now down 50 lbs (40 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight). I haven't had any supply issues, and it's been so easy to do. DH is jealous I get an extra 10 pts per day (we are doing WW together).

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote