Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #71
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

I am new here and I did consider people may not want to buy from me because I haven't been here long, but I thought I would go ahead and post anyway and if no one buys here I will just start selling my diapers on ebay, since the diapers I am trying to sell are new, I know that shouldn't have a problem listing them there. But I do see how scams can be worrisome for everyone, even me as buying. But I do know that at least if I just buy a few from here or there, I won't be putting 100$'s of dollar at risk.

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #72
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

So I haven't read all the post but I've sold a few things and always left feedback for the buyer as soon as payment was received and obviously I've only gotten one feedback, I made my first purchase recently and of course will leave feedback when I receive the item. But what do I do about the people who have failed to leave me feedback? I feel rude chasing them down asking for it, I came here with ebay feedback too, and I totally understand not wanting to get scammed but communities like this will never be failsafe, it's just a risk you take IMO.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #73
klindsey82
Registered Users
seller

I guess I have just been lucky. Every transaction I've had has been amazingly positive. The goods I recieved have been in like-new condition. The moms I've worked with have all been super sweet. I would really feel hurt if I was scammed though.. I am pretty sensitive like that!

I've never done ebay or any other community like this, so I came here with 0 feedback from ANYwhere. It didn't occur to me that people might not have trusted me! I just came to trade at first, and I had several mommas jump right in with no problems trading with me!

My very first momma I traded with even helped me learn to use pay pal and even when I payed her with my debit card and she incurred fees, she wasn't short or irritated with me.

I loved that I came into the community that way, and I never once felt like oh crap, no one's going to buy my things or oh crap, no ones going to trust me to buy from them. I'm glad I never got that feeling and thus, I have stuck around
klindsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #74
4girlsand2boystolove
Registered Users
seller

I was just made aware of this the other day, and it's sad in a way. Like so many of the other mama's have said, I was under some false sense of security thinking everyone here was in the same boat and after the same thing. I've made about 7 purchases, tried to make 2 more but the seller never contacted me. One sweet mama has left me FB and I'm really hoping the others will as soon as I receive my things in the mail and leave FB for them. It truly is a buyer beware situation, but at least it's here and we all have the chance to participate. So from a newbie, I understand.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #75
dlangeweg
Registered Users
seller

I will just post my 2 cents as a newbie here.
I originally found DS a few weeks ago b/c I found out I could not sell my used dipes on Ebay (where we have a decent amount of positive feedback). In a way, I'm glad that is the case, as I think I found a great online community and really enjoy the site. However, as a newbie w/ no feedback on DS, its really difficult to sell. And I understand that to a point; it never occurred to me until I listed and got very little response.
But it is difficult to build up fb quick, if you're not in the market to buy much. And yes, there is always a danger of getting scammed (we have gotten burned on ebay once as well) but I think the vast majority of mamas on here are just looking to do honest business. Or maybe I'm just naive

Denise
dlangeweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #76
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlangeweg View Post
I will just post my 2 cents as a newbie here.
I originally found DS a few weeks ago b/c I found out I could not sell my used dipes on Ebay (where we have a decent amount of positive feedback). In a way, I'm glad that is the case, as I think I found a great online community and really enjoy the site. However, as a newbie w/ no feedback on DS, its really difficult to sell. And I understand that to a point; it never occurred to me until I listed and got very little response.
But it is difficult to build up fb quick, if you're not in the market to buy much. And yes, there is always a danger of getting scammed (we have gotten burned on ebay once as well) but I think the vast majority of mamas on here are just looking to do honest business. Or maybe I'm just naive

Denise
Link your ebay feedback in your siggy. People will be much more likely to buy from you then
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #77
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

ok, so here is my question...if you have no or low feedback HERE and you have lots of ebay positive feedback..is that somehting that would make the moms who are leary of buying from newbies feel moreinclined to buy from newbie's?

I started out buying from a WAHM on here and purchasing a couple of things before I sold, I think that advice was already mentioned in order to help yourself obtain feedback etc. Also as far as post count goes, that ,...to me is just laughable that anyone would suggest that that has anything to do with being trustworthy. Being a mom of almost 7 kids the last thing I have time to do on the off diaper season ( I refresh my stash about 2 times a year since I have started)
is to sit on this site...and post. I have been on here since before thanksgiving of last year so just over 100 posts is not alot for that amount of time ...OBVIOUSLY I don't spend my time here...I spend it mothering like we ALL should.

I do think placing a stigma on newbie's is very wrong though, and while we all have to be careful...I too have been scammed by someone who was by far not a newbie ( had over 200+ feedback all positive) who misrepresented an item sold to me at a very high price.

Anyway, my point is...because there is not a system set up to go after the dishonest amongst us (well, such as ebay has anyway)...it really truly is a buyer beware community and I don't think ANYONE needs to get their diapey's in a bunch over working with a newbie, if you are careful, follow your gut and try not to expect to never get scammed if you are buying secondhand diapers. ..then you will get along just fine

just my 2 cents
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #78
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
if you have no or low feedback HERE and you have lots of ebay positive feedback..is that somehting that would make the moms who are leary of buying from newbies feel moreinclined to buy from newbie's?
If someone has feedback *anywhere* else (ebay, the pin, hc, delphi forums, y! groups, etc) I'm comfortable.

Quote:
I spend it mothering like we ALL should.
You're not going to get a good response to this part of your post.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #79
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=mama2a6pack;1170876]
I spend it mothering like we ALL should.

QUOTE]

So if we have alot of post, were NOT being mothers? Is that what your trying to say? How nice of you..I do have free time and am also a GREAT mom, naps/bed, etc...I also had my post count transfered here from the old ds board...but you can mother and have a high post count..IMO....Im sure your going to get great response about that line
Old 05-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #80
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2a6pack View Post
OBVIOUSLY I don't spend my time here...I spend it mothering like we ALL should
Don't ASSume all other people who do spend their time here are not "mothering" their children!

That's just my