Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2007, 03:11 AM   #11
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:
Re: grrr I hate pumping!! HELP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow View Post
Have you tried pumping on one breast, while she is nursing on the other? If you are pumping after she's just eaten, you may be tapped out by that point.

I think you'll find doing it this way to get more milk pumped, and your body will soon regulate to the increased demand for milk, in turn allowing you to produce more.

Another tip....eat oatmeal.....not sure why it works, but it does wonders for supply.
Yes, this too! Suckling is great - it will help the other boob to let down!!!

Tara

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2007, 03:20 AM   #12
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to hear about your problems, it is always so hard to have BFing obstacles.

I hate medela pumps, all of them, any that I have used, (PIS, PISA, Lactina, Symphany) they were all uncomfortable as heck and left me with full breasts and empty bottles and usually raw nipples.

While I was still working I used an Ameda Purely Yours, it was so much more comfortable, had better control settings, was WAAAY less expensive, and actually got the milk out. I used mine until I stopped working (DD was 18 months old ATP).

Do you do breast compressions? That always helped me. Don't expect much after you finished feeding your LO, they have already got most the milk so you won't have much.

To help increase you could always cluster pump (pump for 10 min, rest 10, pump 10, rest 10 for an hour, do it the same hour every day for a few days). Also, if you are giving formula you are decreasing the demand for your milk, thus decreasing your milk supply. If you are able I would do a nurse in (stay in bed w/baby for a day or two, letting baby just nurse away- no artificial nipples of any kind, pacifiers or bottles, just mommie). This would signal your body "hey we need some more milk" and should help out a lot.

I hope you find a solution
Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 AM   #13
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

have you tried the motherlove.com milk plus or more milk? or even goats rue?? these work awesome and helped me with my supply..
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #14
sapphos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree about the pumping one breast while she's nursing, she'll get your milk letdown going and it will help a lot. It's the only way I can pump. I actually use a manual pump and it works okay for me when I do have to pump.

Also, Fenugreek is one of the things most commonly suggested for low milk supply, makes your pee smell a bit like licorice but it does work!!!!

don't give up mama!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate electric pumps. I began with a Medela Harmony Manual Pump and I could get 6-8 ounces in a pumping session. Got a Lactina from WIC, and could barely get 2 ounces. Maybe you could try a Manual? For me, I could pump with longer "squeezes" and get more milk. The electric went too quickly to get much out. I was just better able to simulate her feeding with the Manual. Give it a try....
Old 05-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #16
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madison06 View Post
I hate electric pumps. I began with a Medela Harmony Manual Pump and I could get 6-8 ounces in a pumping session. Got a Lactina from WIC, and could barely get 2 ounces. Maybe you could try a Manual? For me, I could pump with longer "squeezes" and get more milk. The electric went too quickly to get much out. I was just better able to simulate her feeding with the Manual. Give it a try....
But you know, I can't pump anything either unless I am engorged for some odd reason like going out for the day and DD didn't eat much while we were out. She takes it all! And you LO looks quite healthy in your avi so I doubt you have any supply issues! Good Luck!

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote