Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: How far would/did you drive to give birth?

After reading how far you guys are all willing to drive to get to birth centers, I feel really lucky to have such a great hospital so close.

(Of course I realize I may be changing my tune after I actually go through this birth, but a similarly minded friend went with the same OB/Hosp and had no complaints so hopefully things will go like I want.)

somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #22
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
Re: How far would/did you drive to give birth?

with #2, I drove an hour to an hour 1/2 depending on traffic to have the same OB as my first child. We were no longer living in the same city. I had a scheduled c-section, so the drive there was no biggie as I went there the day before to pick my mom up from the airport and we all slept over at grandma's house, which is 5 minutes from the hospital. The drive home was pure H E double hockey sticks. I cried the whole way. I was in pain from my c-section (meds hadn't kicked in), my boobs were SCREAMING "feed the child!", and my son was in the back seat SCREAMING for the boobs to feed him. Not to mention baby blues had kicked in at that point. It was an awful ride home

Now with #3, I am driving about an hour again. I moved, but still about the same distance. I wanted my same OB again. I am hoping the drive home won't be so bad. We will likely drive 30 minutes to grandmas (OB is in a new hospital) and hang out for a while. Feed baby, rest, ect and then drive the other 30 minutes home. I am hoping this break in the driving will make all us more pleasant (and I will be sure to stay on top of my pain meds unlike last time - there is nothing fun about sitting in the parking lot in tears from pain while your husband is in the drugstore trying to encourage the pharmacist to fill the script ASAP)
Join Citrus Lane for a surprise box every month, cancel any time. First month $15
Join Swagbucks and earn free gift cards!
Check out 10DollarMall where everything is under $10 .. clothes, shoes, handbags, etc!
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote