Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
Past_VNE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 Day Support Group?

Well, we bought it and for us, between the stomach illness (diarrhea!) and not doing the salty snacks and tons of drinks to make more frequent urination, we had a successful 4 day potty training.

We frequently reminded her to keep her pretty panties dry and she screams "PEE!!!" and runs for the bathroom. She's had two "wet farts" accidents and peed out in the driveway once (didn't pull down her panties, though, so her panties/dress were wet.) I feel like I'm going to struggle a little with the PLing when she's outside, as she's used to be diaper free outside all summer and just peeing as needed. But, she is pretty particular about herself, so it might not be that bad after all.

It's an unusual course, because of just how closely you have to watch them. We're very, very very interactive with our kids, but this taught me just how much time they're not in my direct sight. I really had to drop everything to do this. That said, it's done. I'm still worried about accidents, but she's not given me any reason to feel like that. I'm just concerned because she's young, newly in panties and all. I just worry she'll be standing nearby me in a store somewhere and pee. She hasn't peed while babywearing since newbornhood, or while sitting, so carseat, BWing, restaurants, etc. don't worry me. It's just when she's wandering around that I'm concerned. So, to make myself feel better, I remind her a few times an hour to "keep your undies dry" quietly in her ear.

I'm impressed with all the tips on that site and think many of them absolutely contributed to our success. they're easy and make a ton of sense, but I had been doing things to mess with success prior to reading it. (i.e., setting her on the potty to "try" is a bad idea and delays the understanding, but is fine once they have been PL for a while, say, to try to pee before you go in the car.)

Hope everyone else is seeing success. I had already bought my pretty Thanksgiving and Christmas wool skirties, too! LOL Oh well. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with my GMD prefolds, BG organics and beloved woolies now. Hmmmmmm We aren't planning another babe, but I cant' bear to get rid of them, but don't want to keep them 'til the elastic is shot and then wish I had sold them when they were still great.

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #12
Past_VNE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ahhh...now to find panties that fit my skinny one year old and don't show her vulva when she bends or sits cross legged. The 2t/3t stuff we've bought at gap/target don't work. I had to take in the gap ones so they didn't fall off and the hanes ones stay up nicely, but are poofy and show her genitals whenever she is doing the various maneuvers that kids always do.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #13
ssh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past_VNE View Post
Ahhh...now to find panties that fit my skinny one year old and don't show her vulva when she bends or sits cross legged. The 2t/3t stuff we've bought at gap/target don't work. I had to take in the gap ones so they didn't fall off and the hanes ones stay up nicely, but are poofy and show her genitals whenever she is doing the various maneuvers that kids always do.

Try baby sized "bloomers" that sometimes come with dresses. Sometimes children's consignment stores have bins of them. We also used smaller sized Gap PJ bottoms that really look like boxer briefs. My boys still wear their outgrown Gap PJ shorts as undies, they are soft and fit well. You might even try boys boxer briefs in the smallest size because they offer more coverage (Gap makes them but even the smallest ones are pretty big, they definitely fell off of my 2yo when he was first trying them and he was more than 20 lbs).
Good luck!
ssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #14
sustone
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so DD is 20 months- it says 22 months is the minimum- should I wait or try? Lily has fone on the potty twice today for pee but poo'ed on the family room floor!
married to my best friend and high school sweetheart for 7 yrs. SAHM to Madison(8 going on 18), Lilian- 18 months, our miracle born in March 09 after 3 yrs TTC with fertility treatments and IVF and FET, conceived while we took a "break", and Logan (8/11/2010)- my induced no pain med labor-OMG!!! Always remembering Tim......Working very PT as a float pool RN and loving my happily ever after.....
sustone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #15
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats on all the successes, mamas! :-) I'm still thinking about buying the 3 day program because I'm terrified that he doesn't actually know what he's doing and with end up being embarrassed after accidents at preschool and such...hmmm...we'll see how this week goes and I'll re-evaluate! He's been accident free since Friday morning :-)
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #16
Past_VNE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HA! I didn't really tell anyone we were doing it because if it/I failed her, I didn't want people to think badly of her. So, my mom/grandma knew, plus one like-minded friend, but that's it. I figured it it didn't work out, we'd go back to diapers and nobody would be the wiser. We've had nearly 100% success still. Yesterday and today, she's had two partial-pee accidents, not flooding herself, but enough to change her panties/tights. All in all, in two weeks, I'd say that's pretty fantastic!

I think 20 months is fine if you think she can do it. The mama that writes the technique notes that SHE would wait until 22 months, but acknowledges others have success earlier. Antecdotally, my DD had just cracked 21 months when we did it.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
Past_VNE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh. You mamas will get a laugh at this, perhaps. As I said, DD is doing great. She yells, "PEE!," and heads for the bathroom at home. Oddly, she also does this while we're out at stores and such. She yells "PEE!" and takes off. But, she doesn't know where the bathroom is....she just runs off in a straight line as though she knows just where it is. It's comical. At Sears Auto the other day, she took off and made it to a white steel door by the optical area that probably went to an office or closet. Well, she was screaming, "PEE!! PEE!!" while trying her darnedest to get that door open. I scooped her up and found a bathroom where she tried to go.....but just farted...which leads me to her other quirk.

Every single time she has gas, she thinks she needs the potty. She'll come running in from the playground yelling "PEE" repeatedly, as usual, and will sit down on the toilet and just have gas. She hasn't quite figured out that she can do that elsewhere, too. LMAO. But, it makes for a LOT of unnecessary potty runs. I look forward to her figuring out that part of it.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
sustone
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how much is it? Also do you use training pants or real undies??
married to my best friend and high school sweetheart for 7 yrs. SAHM to Madison(8 going on 18), Lilian- 18 months, our miracle born in March 09 after 3 yrs TTC with fertility treatments and IVF and FET, conceived while we took a "break", and Logan (8/11/2010)- my induced no pain med labor-OMG!!! Always remembering Tim......Working very PT as a float pool RN and loving my happily ever after.....
sustone is offline   Reply With Quote