Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #21
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Am I a bad mom?

Momma, My oldest has ADHD, ODD, and Tourrettes. It is hard. ( I am a young momma too) My heart goes out to you, it gets better hang in there, and pm me if ya want.

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #22
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We all feel that way every once in awhile. I am a 20 year old mom to a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old, and there are times when I just sit down and cry. LOL! I have been mom since I was 17 years old, which I wouldn't change for anything in the world, but at the same time I just want some "me" time. When I get too overwhelmed though I have my DH take the kids for like 15 min. or so while I go in the bedroom and just lay down, and he also takes the kids while I get my hair done about once a month. LOL! This is my break for like an hour or so, and it really helps me to realize that I'm not just a mom but a woman too. I'm glad that you have your parents' help. Just let them know that you would like them to take your son for a little while (like an hour or 2) while you go out to a movie or to get your hair done. Just try to let yourself unwind and remember that the people that go out partying just get into trouble anyways. At least that is what my mom told me once when I told her I missed being "free" like other girls my age.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #23
emu
Registered Users

If that makes you a bad mom, then I think we're ALL bad moms.
emu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:44 AM   #24
ailurus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, we all feel like that sometimes.....All I want is one night when I can sleep and not worry about having to get up in the middle of the night. Remember what it was like to just wake up in the morning, not get woken up? Ahhh, for just 4 hours of ininterrupted sleep!
ailurus is offline   Reply With Quote