Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #271
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically It's Friday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
That's a great idea! How do you cut your potatoes so that they don't fall through? The spaces on our cookie cooling rack are kinda wide.
LOL different everytime. I have to racks and they are smaller squares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post

I have to go to the storage shed in the cold. To get the RED EDGE PFs. Because I can't fold down even the tiniest bit of the infants anymore without plumber's crack. On my 8-week-old. Chloe could wear infants until she was a year!!!! (Tight but still, lol.)
Myra is still in infants...i wonder if she would fit reds. I dont have any...and premiums are HUGE on her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
I've got to come up w/ decor and goody bags and such on the cheaper for David's party on Sunday....!!!!

I think I'm going to get some pokemon cards for goody bags.
what else?
Um chloie's party is tomorrow and i am not doing goody bags i am too cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin13 View Post
for B!! and Mel, we NEVER open presents at the party w/ kids. Too much destruction, jealousy, chaos, etc... We just thank everyone and make sure that we tell everyone that the party isn't about the GIFTS, but the people we're sharing the special day with. It has worked out very well for us
THis is such a GREAT idea! we can open them at home...perfect then we get our $$ worth of our skating and cake time that we are paying for!

My belly hurts, i had a hot dog at the christmas stroll now feel icky it sure was fun! we walked around in/out of stores for 3 hours! LOL good thing we left mymy w/ MIL...we watched a bunch of crazy people do the "polar Plunge" LOL the jump in a pool in the freezing cold 20deg air!!! CRAZY!

I wanna watch a christmas movie but all them at the redbox arent good ones

Advertisement

Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #272
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh. The leading story on the news tonight was that a man at a Toronto Public Library branch was shot with a crossbow by his son and later died. It happened in front of a bunch of kids who were at the library. What the heck are people thinking??? Seriously? Ack.

I hope that Chloie has a good party tomorrow!

We're off to bed. Somewhat busy day tomorrow. Cake baking and decorating, goody bag packing, and just general party prep. Oh, and Ru is going to a co-workers birthday tomorrow night for supper, so it'll just be E and I. Need to plan what to make for us for supper.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #273
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've seen it done both ways, Mel. Mostly at outourced parties it doesn't happen, because you only get two hours and there isn't enough time. At home parties they do sometimes. I think it's more accepted now to not open gifts. Because like Erin said, it puts the wrong focus on the party and it usually leads to problems. The only people I have heard "complain" are the adults who don't have kids, that I guess wanted to see the gift reaction - I've never heard a parent complain. I really wish there was a way to do "no gifts" but it's a hard concept for a young kid and hard for the parents to all cooperate on.

But to be totally honest we were taken aback the first time it happened. But again, outsourced bouncehouse place kind of party, there wasn't time, so it made sense. You appreciate it more when you've been to more parties. I am really hoping we also run out of time at don't have to tomorrow because Ginger will not have nearly as many people at the party as Rosie. Not because she's not well-liked, it's just a different mix of parents that make different choices for their children.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #274
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Faith, what size is Griffon wearing now? Are you in need of larger winterish clothes? Let me know if you are, I might have some stuff to send you (for free.)
If you have long sleeve shirts in 6-12mo, or maybe even 18, yessssssssssss! Thanks so much for offering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
oh Faith, you should look at the woolies I have for sale and if any of them will work, PM and maybe we can work out a woolies for knitting trade
Awwww . He'd fit the recycled ones very soon but he pees too much for recycled (or fleece). Little firehose

Quote:
'Cause they're almost 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
Wow, a smile . It's nice to see you not-sad.

Quote:
Oh, and this is the cake that I am going to try to make tomorrow. Loosely based, since I am going to change up the colours and I want to give the fish a fin on the bottom too. But still, I hope it works out okay!
Cute!

Quote:
MELLLLLLLLLLLLL we downloaded that episode of Jamie Oliver and Jerry's big mural is in one of the shots. The show itself was really good. Jerry was impressed with it. How cool is it that Jerry's mural is in it!!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Goodnight Steph! And great work to B for peeing on the potty!

Quick question for some of you mamas. When you go to a birthday party, do you care if the birthday boy/girl doesn't open their presents in front of everyone? Do yo prefer it? We've always had E open them at his party, but don't want to do that this year. We'd rather wait and open them afterwards. That's okay, right?
We usually ask for no presents & then wait to open anything people bring if they ignore that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Myra is still in infants...i wonder if she would fit reds. I dont have any...and premiums are HUGE on her...
Chloe PLed still in reds--premiums were too big
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!

Last edited by dragondance; 12-03-2010 at 09:52 PM.
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #275
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our guests just left -it was a great evening. Lots of yummy food and great company -just the thing to fully lift my spirits. The house is a disaster and reeks of fried latkes right now though

Malcolm really enjoyed it too -he was the only kid, so he got the full attention of 12 adults and he totally lapped it up. Didn't want to go to bed even though he was up way past his usual time.

Mel - for E's great progress report He's such a brilliant boy The cake you are planning to make looks great! Also, I like the idea of not opening presents at the party itself -may try to implement that ourselves when Malcolm is older.

Quote:
It was when he was driving to El Metate. He drove right by Jerry's big mural.

So beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin13 View Post
did you guys see that Mike's MRI is clear? Having a mom who works in radiology is very nice - no waiting the weekend for the Dr's office to call

I think Ty is not feel well. But, I can't tell if he's just VERY tired and cranky or if his cold is starting to get worse.
Glad the MRI is clear, but I'm sorry that Ty is sick

Quote:
MH appears to be getting her first real cough. She has had snotty colds before but never really a respiratory thing. Could be a long night and we may not be able to go to the balloon launch in the AM for our playdate.
to MH

Also, when I was reading back I realized I never congratulated Macy on the business incorporation -so congrats!

OK -off to bed now. Sweet dreams everyone, and good morning Janine!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #276
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh, and for B peeing in the potty Steph!