Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
$75 to spend on Amazon for LO...what to get?

I have a 5 month old (6 months at Christmas) and my Step-Mum and Dad have given us a $75 Amazon GC to spend on E's Christmas present (they live in the UK, we're in the US so easier than shipping presents over)...

I have no clue what to buy though...any ideas?

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
kameroosky
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: $75 to spend on Amazon for LO...what to get?

Your DD was born a day before my DS
Old 12-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd say look to the future and get her something fantastic by HABA or Plan Toys. That's a lot of money for a 5 month old who really doesn't need anything...

There is one wonderful thing I got about that age and it was from amazon. It was a stainless steel dish set that came with a bowl, dish, cup, spoon and fork. You can get it with a salamander or butterfly etched into it, and we had our daughter's initial inscribed after we got it.

It's one of the most beautiful and enduring things we ever bought her and we use it every day. Good Luck choosing, that's a generous gift!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameroosky View Post

Your DD was born a day before my DS
She was born at 11:44pm, so she was almost born the same day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I'd say look to the future and get her something fantastic by HABA or Plan Toys. That's a lot of money for a 5 month old who really doesn't need anything...

There is one wonderful thing I got about that age and it was from amazon. It was a stainless steel dish set that came with a bowl, dish, cup, spoon and fork. You can get it with a salamander or butterfly etched into it, and we had our daughter's initial inscribed after we got it.

It's one of the most beautiful and enduring things we ever bought her and we use it every day. Good Luck choosing, that's a generous gift!
I was thinking about that...I want to make the most out of it and wasn't sure what to get though. I did consider buying us both a Beco Butterfly

Thanks for the ideas!

It really is generous...I was thinking it would be $15-20, so when I opened the email I was in shock :O
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatMama1990 View Post
I was thinking about that...I want to make the most out of it and wasn't sure what to get though. I did consider buying us both a Beco Butterfly

Thanks for the ideas!

It really is generous...I was thinking it would be $15-20, so when I opened the email I was in shock :O
I like the Beco idea . I'm using some of ds's money for a 4-qt Crockpot since I'll be making his baby food in it!
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

that is really generous! Have fun spending! I think I would go with one larger item than smaller ones. Baby carriers are a really great investment. The good quality ones hold there value quite well so down the road, you could resell it and recoup your costs. We have two Ergos and a Peanut Shell and have gotten a lot of use out of those.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote