Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
AutumnRose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
HELP! 29 mnth old ds hates potty now

We were working with ds when he was about 18 mnths toward pling. we were not pushing it, just encouraging and he was using it once in a while. he was up to using the potty once a day, by asking, either #1 or #2. But all of a sudden he gets a little past 2 yrs old and he refuses to use it! Actually, he had spent the entire day with my parents, they were so proud b/c he hadnt used his diaper all day and kept asking for the potty. We take him home all excited thinking diapers were old news and suddenly he wont use the potty!
We have been trying to still encourage it without being too pushy, i bought a new potty chair and tried to sit him on it this morning when he first woke up and he just cried and screamed. i dont know what to do...any advice?

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Tweedledum
Registered Users

Re: HELP! 29 mnth old ds hates potty now

My advice is to buy special toys or books that he only gets to use while on the potty, so that he is developing positive associations with being on it. The other thing is only letting him watch videos while on the potty. (We did this with a laptop and sesamestreet.org for my DD)
Tweedledum is offline   Reply With Quote