Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Where to buy little underpants?

I was ECing with my son at 8 months and he started to go regularly, then we traveled and I got pregnant and EC went out the window. So now that I'm in my 2nd trimester and able to handle smells and just plain be able to handle things, I'm going to start it up again. I feel so bad for DS, but I can only do the best I can. He's now 14 months and I'm determined that since I was able to do it at 8 months and almost have him fully on with EC, I think I can do it again (and hopefully he'll remember). I wanted to start asking about where you get training pants, and what to get. Do I just buy little underwear or are there special kinds for EC? Also, how do I find them small enough? And do I have to buy training pants? Thanks for any and all help/advice!!!

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
smilingjessica
Registered Users
seller

Re: Where to buy little underpants?

No, of course you don't have to buy them! You don't have to do anything you don't want. Don't feel guilty about taking a pause yourself either. Like you said, you did what you could.

You'll probably get a variety of answers. But for us, I did have DS in cotton fitteds. Once he started doing really well and I wanted something that could be pulled up and down instead of snapped on and off. So I got just the cheap gerber training underwear. They are not waterproof, but they are all cotton. They are very similar to underwear, just a little extra in the center. They have size 18 months, 2t and up. Most stores sell just the 2t and up. If you can't find the 18 month locally, they sell it at amazon and I'm sure other places. There really isn't that much of a difference. I hadn't found the 18 month till a little later, so I just serged the edges a little tighter on the 2t. DS is 18 months and 21 lbs and fits the 2t fine, little loose, but they don't fall down.
He still does have accidents, but I just bring a spare pair of pants and underwear with me in my purse. Sometimes he'll just pee a little and not have a full accident too.
Night time is different, I do disposable whole foods brand pull ups at night. He was screaming at nighttime pottytunities, so I've eased up on those and put sleep more of a priority. And since he was staying dry half the time, I didn't have many CD's to wash, so I just chose to do pull ups. hope that helps
smilingjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second the Gerber training underwear. The 18 mo one fit little people well and the 2T are just a little bigger...and they are so stinking cute on

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingjessica View Post
No, of course you don't have to buy them! You don't have to do anything you don't want. Don't feel guilty about taking a pause yourself either. Like you said, you did what you could.

You'll probably get a variety of answers. But for us, I did have DS in cotton fitteds. Once he started doing really well and I wanted something that could be pulled up and down instead of snapped on and off. So I got just the cheap gerber training underwear. They are not waterproof, but they are all cotton. They are very similar to underwear, just a little extra in the center. They have size 18 months, 2t and up. Most stores sell just the 2t and up. If you can't find the 18 month locally, they sell it at amazon and I'm sure other places. There really isn't that much of a difference. I hadn't found the 18 month till a little later, so I just serged the edges a little tighter on the 2t. DS is 18 months and 21 lbs and fits the 2t fine, little loose, but they don't fall down.
He still does have accidents, but I just bring a spare pair of pants and underwear with me in my purse. Sometimes he'll just pee a little and not have a full accident too.
Night time is different, I do disposable whole foods brand pull ups at night. He was screaming at nighttime pottytunities, so I've eased up on those and put sleep more of a priority. And since he was staying dry half the time, I didn't have many CD's to wash, so I just chose to do pull ups. hope that helps
Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
NaptownBoys
Registered Users
Formerly: niktorious
seller
seller

My Mood:

H & M has size 1-2 year undies 100% cotton and they are a socially responsible company (bonus, lol) The gerbers are about 2x the size of these.
NaptownBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i make custom EC undies and trainers, but honestly could you just do bare bummed or just sweats at home? that way if he needs to potty its a little quicker.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is easy with a girl! I just use diaper c overs that came with her dresses. I don't know what I'd do whith a boy; probably just keep using a cloth diaper cover and thin soaker.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #7
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

We never found anything small enough, so I started using swim diapers

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #8
dumaine
Registered Users

There are also a lot of stores that sell primarily stuff for EC. "Wandering" around those online shops could give you a good idea of everything that is out there. Babies are all different, and then of course different at different stages when it comes to EC, so you may prefer trying a variety of things at different times. Bonus is that many of the stores that specialize in EC products are run by moms who EC, so if you have questions about the products, they would be able to answer with their personal experience most likely. Some to check out would be EC Store, EC Wear, Continuum Family. These stores carry training pants that fit even at birth so no problem finding a size for your little guy.

Of course you don't have to buy anything as others have said. Just depends on what you prefer. There are many different types of trainers and underwear people love for EC. Many people like trainers with side snaps; so in case of an accident nothing yucky slides down their legs. People also like regular type underwear with just a little padding. This is a less expensive option. Me and Nonee Wilga make drop front trainers that flip down in the front for easy potty access.

If you don't want to buy stuff and are crafty, Do It Yourself EC has lots of cool free EC friendly patterns.

As far as what to get in my opinion, I loved waterproof and non waterproof training pants because they made pottying quicker and easier. I preferred them to underwear for the majority of ungrad time because they would hold a pee so everything wouldn't get drenched. I think underwear is great if you they are in a pretty reliable stage. I've also done sweatpants with nothing underneath, discreet split pants with a drop front trainer underneath, etc. Many many options out there! Have fun searching!

ecaPants are patent pending
dumaine is offline   Reply With Quote