Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #21
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: not making enough milk for both babies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2recycle View Post
I spent 3 hours with the lc at the hospital the other day and left feeling good but now I feel terrible....they have lots of wet dipes daily...like 8-10 in a 12 hour period....but they just got soooo tiny
I feel my milk drop often too.....
the lc reccomended that I feed them (nurse them) then pump...any one else try this...I DESPERATLY want to ebf the twins

also I have mondo huge nipples (sorry if tmi) and the lc said maybe they dont get a good latch...not enough of the areola??

Thanks for the info so far mommas!!! I soooo need this to work
Did that with DS and boy did it boost things (ended up with oversupply. lol!)

I have large nipples too and you just need to make a nipple sandwich with your fingers and that will allow your babies to get more in. Eventually their mouths will get big enough that it won't be an issue. Mother-2-mother.com has a great set of instructions for this.

Have you been to kellymom.com??

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #22
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

please please please contact an IBCLC or atleast a CLC. the women that help in the hospitals usually dont have decent special training, if they have training at all. where are you located? maybe i can help you find a good lc in your area...
rlsadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #23
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsadc View Post
please please please contact an IBCLC or atleast a CLC. the women that help in the hospitals usually dont have decent special training, if they have training at all. where are you located? maybe i can help you find a good lc in your area...
I totally second that!

I saw two different LCs when I was in the hospital and one was NO help at all (as in, I can't believe she called herself an LC), while the other was TONS of help (taught me the nipple sandwich thing).
Old 05-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #24
lizzytra
Registered Users

When my milk came in and I was having extreme difficult bfing my ds I also pumped and hardly got anything out... same as you describe.

My dd is a chubba deluxe and ebf at 9 mo and when I pump for her I cannot get hardly ANYTHING out .... but she is one of the chubbiest babies of anyone I know... so I know I'm making more than I am able to pump!
lizzytra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #25
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzytra View Post
My dd is a chubba deluxe and ebf at 9 mo and when I pump for her I cannot get hardly ANYTHING out .... but she is one of the chubbiest babies of anyone I know... so I know I'm making more than I am able to pump!
i tried pumping the other day bc my boob felt engorged even though dd was eating normal and got NOTHING but i could sit there and squirt dh from across the room try one of the hospital pumps thats what i used for the first 2 months and it worked...i think it was like $15 a week or something crazy cheap like that(although not reall cheap when you add up 2 months )
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #26
imacuckoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So much good advice here, I wish I would have reached out more when I first began bfing my twins. One was not latching on and I pumped and pumped and could not get enough to feed him. I did mix it formula, and I regret it now not trying other things. So I would definately talk to LLL.
After a month or so of trying he finally figured it out, and now he nurses like a pro. The pumping did help stimulate the supply (along with DD nursing). We're still going strong, and no more formula!!!

Just wanted to let you know it can be done! Drink a ton of water!

Old 05-30-2007, 07:20 AM   #27
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Def. DON"T look at pumping to see how much your making. I EBF'd my dd until 12 months and couldn't pump more than 2-3 oz. outta BOTH bbs. Worrying just makes things worse. Also, supplementing I think is too early too because they are young and you're just setting yourself up for a LOWER supply and for nipple confusion. Try to just nurse and watch their dipes if they are wetting enough and pooping enough they are FINE. STOP worrying. You're going to do FINE!! HAng in there!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #28
Rollins4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am ebf my twin boys (8mos) and they were I was just about gestation you were at when I had my twinnos.. They were 6-2 and 5-8. I had a c-section and my milk did not come in as quickly as I hoped. They dropped weight initially also,, since they are considered a little early,, I had to work on getting mine to latch properly and they nursed all the time,, also, I pumped up my caloric intake, drank lots of water and mother's milk tea.. I also nursed them every hour and a half,, I even woke them up at night... not fun, since I had a 4 and 2 yr old running around during the day with no nap ! But it worked!! It was so hard,, especially with two peanuts who cannot position themselves or help out in anyway. I used the boppy with the football hold position and still do,, they nurse together still,, if one is on the boob,, the other one has a fit They are old enough now they "know" what they are doing and grab it like a burger!! Hang in there mama!! Pm me if you need to!!
Rollins4 is offline   Reply With Quote