Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you could have the best of both worlds...

Meaning, if you could have a place to go with your kids, where you could comfortably CHILL, and your kids could play, what would you want?

I was just inspired by two different "Mom friendly" coffee shops out in California. I think a place like this would thrive here. It's funny too because I've been thinking about it for a long time, but never really thought about pursuing it. There is a slightly similar place here, but I just checked out their website, and I am so not impressed. Their play area is basically a large foam mat, a play kitchen, and some misc plastic toys. SO uninspiring. lol

I'm seriously thinking about doing this. Right now I'm getting the idea of basically a community center for Moms, a coffee shop, a play place, more than a spot with a play "area". KWIM?

I really want your ideas ladies! Be honest. Don't hold back, even if you think its crazy! I already have a ton in my head, but I want to hear MORE! I am so excited about this. Honestly nothing has made me feel excited like this in terms of a career, EVER.

SO.....

Would you be happy with comfy couches, tea/coffee and a stack of books/magazines?

Or would you want a menu with healthy food options?

Would you like childrens classes/activities to be offered?

Or just an integrated play area?

I can't even think of more questions right now...LOL. My mind is racing!!

Advertisement

Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you could have the best of both worlds...

I would love a safe place for DS to play inside, especially when the weather is bad. Something like a fast food play area but clean and with healthy food. If it offered coffee and a place to see your kids, but chat with the grownups, I would be there weekly!
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you'd definately have to poll your potential markets first to make sure others would be interested... we have a few in the area, but a few also shut down.
Anyways, I went to one in Korea that was nice; it had a lego room, doll room, and then it had a big play area for older children (the tubes and a few rides) and then a toddler area.
One here in the states that I went to had a toddler area and older kids area. And they both offered food; which would definately be a plus if it's reasonably priced. Last thing I'd want to do is lug food/snacks/drinks which you'd ultimately need because kiddos get hungry after playing for awhile.
The classes/activities would be a plus, because then you REALLY wouldn't have to worry about keeping your eye on them.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

There is a place near by that has free childcare while you get your hair done. I would LOVE a spa with "free"(it would be built into the prices and you tip) childcare. Honestly I can not afford a spa tho and I think you would find that a lot with new mothers .
here is 2 place by me I think they do well
www.greenlight-studio.com/
www.peekaboocenter.com/
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote