Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
we're back!

i just have to share, because not many people will find this fun or exciting. but after taking a several-weeks-long break from ec'ing, we are back! we had to stop for awhile because with getting ready for the holidays, and several illnesses going through our family it was just too much. plus, ds is older and we're just starting this, so he was getting really resistant to even going near the potty. so i just figured we needed to back off a bit and allow him a break. but i started putting him on occasionally again over the weekend and this morning (!!!) we had our 1st pee pee in the toilet in a loooong time. probably since early november. yea! i got all excited and started calling dh to come see, and ds just stood there looking at the yellow liquid in his potty with this really puzzled look on his face like "where did that come from?" anyways, i hope this is a whole new start for us!

but while i'm here, i would like some advice on one of the reasons we took a break. ds was seriously getting very distressed everytime i tried to put him on the potty. arching his back and screaming and pulling away. and i mean, that seems like the OPPOSITE of what i'm trying to accomplish with this. i tried making it fun, giving him things to play with, singing songs. but no go. what do you do to keep a toddler (14 months) from getting "burnt out". i don't want to get into a potty training battle with him. that's not my purpose in doing this. and if it persists, i will probably just go ahead and give up so as not to stress us all out unnecessarily, as much as i hate to say it. he doesn't really give too many "signals" that i can see before he goes. he just goes. so mostly i'm timing it. 1st thing in the morning, right after meals, right after naps, etc. so, what do you do? is this sort of resistance common? i'm assuming so...

Last edited by Liadan23; 12-14-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote