Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #521
skolbut's Avatar
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 3,378
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

I feel like I've posted here before, but hello again!
I'm in Lansing, born and raised. Family scattered all over the state. Love it here and love living in a neighborhood with a great group of supportive moms. About half of my friends CD and have other lifestyle choices that are similar to ours. Love our little local CD shop, zbear diapers, and trekking out to The Little Seedling or Hopscotch when we get a chance!

Advertisement

__________________
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #522
cheerkri
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Mitten state
Posts: 919
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Love Zbears! Was thinking about going there tonight for more RnG!
cheerkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #523
mich*mommy's Avatar
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SWMi
Posts: 4,036
My Mood:
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

I can't believe I am gonna say this, but I haven't even been there yet....I know, I know....LOL...
__________________
T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #524
Chickadee & Me's Avatar
Chickadee & Me
Registered Users
Formerly: Scifisarah
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rockford, Michigan
Posts: 907
My Mood:
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Attention West Michigan Mamas! There is a great trunk show tomorrow for cloth diaper users put on by WAHM's. See below for more details, or click HERE to follow a link to the Facebook Event page to mark yourself as attending and read more comments.
__________________________________________________ _____________

"Handmade Holiday" Trunk Show

Time: Thursday, December 16 6:00pm - 9:00pm

Location: Bootyful Baby Boutique (Ashley's home), 7275 Bittersweet Court, Allendale, MI

Created By: Bootyful Baby Boutique

I am hosting a "Handmade Holiday" trunk show with other fabulous West Michigan WAHMs. It is an open house with no sales pitches or pressure to buy, just LOTS of boutique-quality handmade items for women, babies and children - and refreshments. So excited to have Lil Creations Bowtique, OrganicMamas.etsy.com, yellow horse art studio, NaturallyAdorable, Cindy's Suds and The Peapack Mitten Company, Chickadee & Me and Dandelion Dust participate!
__________________
Sarah Eddy
Chickadee & Me

Chickadee & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #525
lisha622's Avatar
lisha622
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,521
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Several of you Mamas have mentioned Lansing, MI. Any of you deliver at the Greenhouse Birthing Center? DH and I are in Jackson for school right now, and found it online. Unfortunately, stupid insurance won't cover it, but I think I'd like to take their birthing classes.
__________________
Alisha. Mommy to Sophie Born 3/29/2011 and Brielle Born 1/25/2013
lisha622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #526
mich*mommy's Avatar
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SWMi
Posts: 4,036
My Mood:
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Nope, Sparrow here.
__________________
T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #527
cheerkri
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Mitten state
Posts: 919
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Sparrow here too (took a tour and decided I was too big of a wuss, lol), but I took their birthing classes and they were wonderful!
cheerkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #528
mich*mommy's Avatar
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SWMi
Posts: 4,036
My Mood:
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerkri View Post
Sparrow here too (took a tour and decided I was too big of a wuss, lol), but I took their birthing classes and they were wonderful!
I really enjoyed my experience here! I had the BEST OB nurse last time and a private room.
__________________
T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #529
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,297
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee & Me View Post
Attention West Michigan Mamas! There is a great trunk show tomorrow for cloth diaper users put on by WAHM's. See below for more details, or click HERE to follow a link to the Facebook Event page to mark yourself as attending and read more comments.
__________________________________________________ _____________

"Handmade Holiday" Trunk Show

Time: Thursday, December 16 6:00pm - 9:00pm

Location: Bootyful Baby Boutique (Ashley's home), 7275 Bittersweet Court, Allendale, MI

Created By: Bootyful Baby Boutique

I am hosting a "Handmade Holiday" trunk show with other fabulous West Michigan WAHMs. It is an open house with no sales pitches or pressure to buy, just LOTS of boutique-quality handmade items for women, babies and children - and refreshments. So excited to have Lil Creations Bowtique, OrganicMamas.etsy.com, yellow horse art studio, NaturallyAdorable, Cindy's Suds and The Peapack Mitten Company, Chickadee & Me and Dandelion Dust participate!


That sounds like fun! I wish I could make it.


RE: the Greenhouse. I have a good friend who used their midwives for at least two births. She loved them, and would have used them again, except she was risked out. It was too far for me, otherwise I would probably have considered it.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #530
cheerkri
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Mitten state
Posts: 919
Re: calling Michigan Mamas :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich*mommy View Post
I really enjoyed my experience here! I had the BEST OB nurse last time and a private room.
I had a beautiful private room too!

(But I fired my nurse and told her where to shove it. Ugh.)
cheerkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.