Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #51
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Isn't this disgusting?

You know what's so funny? As I read this I was remembering a few months back i was in Sears with 2 of my daughters, they were looking at sunglasses and the store was going to close in about 30 min, so I didn't have a huge amount of time. My DS decided it was time to eat so I just plopped down on the floor by the sunglasses with my back up against a pillar and fed my son. He was covered by a blanket but I will feed him when and where I need to. I am discreet however.

Advertisement

taximom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #52
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm not reading the article I can get the gist of it from this.

In Canada NIP is rarely seen as a bad thing or commented on negatively. I have nursed sitting on the floor in certain stores because there are no chair and I'm not going in the bathroom. During certain times of year there are store displays that have chairs and I'll sit in the store display. However if there is no chair available then the floor it is.

If there are nursing rooms, I will not sit in them. I'll nurse out in the open where everyone else is free to eat.

From the young to the old not once did anyone ever give me odd looks or make any comments to themselves or anyone in the area.

I have saggy DD-E+ breasts when nursing and have to hold them up to make the nipple accessable when nursing. I can't nurse & walk at the same time, especially if I have a cart of groceries & 2 other kids in that.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #53
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sick. I don't NIP frequently, but not because of other people. I just get embarrassed, and DD is too easily distracted. However, I will feed her in the car (recline and turn on the radio, LOL) or go to a sitting area (usually in department stores near restrooms)...We're more comfortable and there's not as much distraction. I did get yelled at before my my Grandmother, though, for feeding DD a bottle of EBM at her work! She said the little old ladies would "talk." LOL! Watch them talk when I whip it out! My first "real" NIP experience, though, was at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, when I went to the McDonalds at the back of the store to sit. I sat in the back and positioned myself so that nothing was visible, but people were staring like I was holding a live Playboy photoshoot or something. LOL!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #54
phantomripples
Banned

that is absolutely apalling -- the nerve of some people.
phantomripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 AM   #55
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean3 View Post
There are multiple problems.
3. Maybe I don't understand why she sat down to nurse. I always walked around, but there was probably a reason.
I BF my first for 7 months, and my second is now 8 weeks old. I have never been able to walk around nursing! One time recently I managed to get up, walk 5 feet over to the door to answer it, and get back to the couch without her unlatching and that was a major accomplishment.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #56
MandyS
Registered Users

My Mood:

Don't you just LOVE the assumption that when we NIP, we are doing it to annoy or embarass someone? I have far too much going on in my life to worry about whether I've gotten my quota of horrified gasps for the day. On errands with a toddler and a preschooler, I'm apt to get more attention than I want.
One of my favorite comics:

http://www.breastfeeding.com/lighter...e_gallery.html

It's the 7th one down.
MandyS is offline   Reply With Quote