Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
At wit's end here....(long)

My DD is 2.5. She is very verbal and bright and is definitely aware of when she goes potty etc. She will pee on the potty almost anytime I take her to it,so she knows what to do.

In October I tried the 3 day method, sort of modified because i had to go places (have an older DS), and I used cloth training pants. Also she never got to where she was telling me she had to go, except for poop. I went away for a trip wi some friends for a long weekend and shed been down to 1 accident a day as long as we were careful monitoring. Then I got back and she all of a sudden was going through like 9 pairs of undies in a day. So I asked her if she wanted to go back to diapers and she said she did. (of course when she was doing so well i went and sold all her diapers b/c I wanted to buy trainers, so went to disposables)

Then I decoded to try again starting last weekend. This time I've been trying to have her just tell me if she's dry or not (she's honest) but still she does not initiate, and now she doesn't even initiate if it's poop, which she was doing before consistently. So I do end up suggesting that she go and she usually complies.

Yesterday she did really well, and she's had days all week where she's only had 1 accident. But this afternoon she's already on her 5th pair of underwear, like within the span of a few hours. And each time we talk about potty goes in the toilet etc, she knows it intellectually. I've even told her she gets a piece of candy any time she tells me she has to go.

I am determined to have her learn as DS was a nightmare to train and it took til he was almost 4.

What should i do??

kittylover is offline   Reply With Quote