Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
What to do for heavy AF while nursing

With ds2 I got a break from my usual heavy AF's but this last 6 months are normal non nursing heavy AF's . I was so looking forward to lighter and normal af's...pfftt not to lucky. Midwife diagnosed me with Menorrhagia a couple of years ago.

I am thinking more along the lines of natural treatments. I have tried shepherd purse with no effect. Lydia Pinkham suppliments do help but I am afraid to take them while nursing. Anyone else take LP while nursing?

Sorry can't do cloth pads since I can't get past the eww factor I have a known hormone issue so I don't think it would help anyway. I have late O's and short LP's with not much progesterone to speak of each month. I think this is the culprit of my heavy periods. Can't take BC because it kills my sex drive and I have heart issues. I have already tried the mirena and had a headache every day it was in. Needles to say it didn't stay in long. IUD's can cause heavier AF's so no go there. I am considering take soy isoflavons to up my O and hopefully stabilize my O which might bring on more progesterone in the second half of my cycle. Maybe that will help lighten things up a bit...? Soy isoflavones helped me get pregnant with ds3 by upping my O almost a week so I know it works. That stuff rocks!

What have you tied and had success with while nursing?

Domestic Goddesss & wife to M mom to H 2000 & J 2006 G June 2010 and 3 angel babies forever in my heart
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote