Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
Do babies fall off BBLPs if not supported?

Confusing title, but my daughter can sit up on her own and is 9 months old. We are getting a BBLP for X-Mas, but I was wondering if she'd fall off the seat b/c there's no back to this potty. Also, whenever she sits on the floor, she quickly gets into crawling position as she doesn't sit still too often these days. Is she going to try to do this while on a potty or will giving her toys to play w/ distract her enough? Will I have to hold her? I don't plan on leaving her in the bathroom alone or looking away from her for more than a few seconds, but I guess I'm just afraid of her being elevated (even though not too much as the BBLP is pretty small). Thanks.

Advertisement

Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Baby Jake's Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do babies fall off BBLPs if not supported?

Jake was able to sit on his with no problem - it was the perfect height. I sat in front of him and we sang songs and clapped so he had no reason to leave the potty. When he started leaving/crawling away he was usually done, so I just took him off.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
smilingjessica
Registered Users
seller

I'd say it depends on the baby. Some babies love the BBLP and some don't. Some are satisfied with toys, some aren't.

For DS, he didn't care about toys while on it. I also didn't have him on it long, if he didn't start going pee pretty quickly, then I took him off. However, we had our best luck with using the sink and then the BBLP at night, while he was drinking milk.

Also, to add, if you haven't read/seen this post, check it out. It's full of pictures of babies on potties, some BBLP. Looking back at DS on the BBLP, he sat just fine on it without falling off. http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=831074

Also, I don't think having a back on the potty matters much either. What I've seen, is that babies slouch forward anyways while on a potty, they wouldn't lean back resting while going to the bathroom. But that's my opinion.

Last edited by smilingjessica; 12-20-2010 at 10:22 PM.
smilingjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingjessica View Post
Also, to add, if you haven't read/seen this post, check it out. It's full of pictures of babies on potties, some BBLP. Looking back at DS on the BBLP, he sat just fine on it without falling off. http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=831074
I've seen that thread, but wasn't sure if some of those babies were sitting on their own, but being spotted. I was hoping to have us both use the potty at the same time so that she could see what a potty's for. I'd be right there, but feared her falling when I went to buckle my pants or something like that. It would be just my luck, you know?

Thank you all for your responses. I think I'm just being a worried parent. BTW, I love how someone posted a pic of their baby playing with a bead maze while on the potty. We have a big hand-me-down one on a lazy susan type of thing and my daughter hasn't seen it yet, so maybe that'll keep her distracted, especially if she only plays w/ it at potty time.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
kalapolo
Registered Users
seller

Our 5 MO DD does really well sitting on a BBLP by herself. She can sit on the BBLP more effectively than she can sit on the floor since the front and back help to stabilize her. HTH!
kalapolo is offline   Reply With Quote