Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #11
Registered Users

That's a great idea! I'm so glad things are going well! (and that your DH is excited about the nighttime idea!

DSS - 10yrs DSD - 6yrs DD - 4yrs
married to my best friend since 2007

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #12
Registered Users

Thanks for the helpful info about signing. I have been practicing EC since 4.5 mos, using bathroom and modified poop signs, & fart/sss cue sounds. My DS seems to understand sign association but doesn't communicate when he needs to go. Any tips to stimulate signing for need to potty?
He is 10 mos now and I have trouble telling when he needs to go so when I sit him on his BBLP he squirms to get up like he doesn't have to go or will stand and start to poo? I wish he would communicate he has to go.

Any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gros-Loh I have bought two at different time off amazon for like $5.

To get that association of the need to go before it's happened - I used to sign as we walked to the potty. Then we'd make the cue sound when she actually went. Or when I cued her to go. But the talking about it, and doing the ASL sign for "toilet" we did BEFORE she was actually eliminating. I kinda did it on accident, but I really think it helped!!

As for nighttime - you could do sposies (seventh generation so your babe's bum isn't sitting in a bunch of chemicals.) OR, if you have a well established cue sound, you should be able to potty him in the night just like you do in the daytime. Even if he's sleeping, hold him over the toilet and say pssssss and he'll probably go! Do you co-sleep? How do you wake up 5-7 times a night to change him? Does he cry out? If so, use that stirring in bed as your cue that he may need to eliminate and try offering it before he uses his diaper. After a few nights, if he knows you'll be there to help him use the toilet - he may stop going in his diaper as much. He'll trust that you'll be there! Babies can hold it, even in their sleep, amazingly long, amazingly young sometimes!! Actually there's some bodily function that helps us not pee while we're sleeping, so the more we can tell his body - YES! I'll pay attention to you! The more that function will continue to work and keep him dry(er) at night.

Sorry to hear about the rash! Do his dipes need to be stripped maybe?? IDK. Good luck!!

Last edited by lauranda; 12-26-2010 at 10:39 AM.
lauranda is offline   Reply With Quote