Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Potty Training help!!!!

I don't know what to do. I never had this issue with my other kids. DD2 is almost 3 and knows when she is wet or dirty but won't do it in potty. We put her on potty maybe 10 to 20 minutes and let her read or play while on it...nothing. Put her cloth underwear back on and she pees or has bm in it soon after. She does not want to go potty very often either. It is a struggle. She says she is dry or does not have to go when she is either wet or dirty. She does not want to interupt her play and does not care if she is wet or dirty. Any advise? She is driving me crazy.....my other kids never did this!!!!! I am trying to be positive with her but it is so hard and so time consuming. I even tried a potty doll at first too which worked but she still never actually went in potty. She is not scared of potty and in the past has even gone sometimes even on the big toilet. But trying to have her be in underwear full time and going potty all the time is not working. I have to keep changing her underwear and sometimes her pants. I don't want to put her back in dipes.....I am so tired of them and of course they do not help with training.

Advertisement

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
dairyfarmermama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Potty Training help!!!!

Have you tried bribing her? I hated doing that, but it worked! I gave mine jelly beans when he would go in the potty. I don't know if this would work for a girl, but I have also put cheerios in the toilet and said, "can you hit them with your pee?" I have a feeling my one year old will be like this!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairyfarmermama View Post
Have you tried bribing her? I hated doing that, but it worked! I gave mine jelly beans when he would go in the potty. I don't know if this would work for a girl, but I have also put cheerios in the toilet and said, "can you hit them with your pee?" I have a feeling my one year old will be like this!
Well she knows she gets stickers and/or a book if she actually goes (not just sits on it). Is that what you mean?

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link
Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmm, well yesterday I had her not wear any undies at all, just fleece pants which are easy to pull up and down. Yes she did not like it at first and forgot and went in her pants. Of course she realized right away as she does not like pee running down her legs. So she went on potty 3 times yesterday and had about 3 or 4 accidents. She went bm in her pants too The last time yesterday she went on her own after she realized she was starting to go. We did not even realize as she never asked us, we just saw her going on potty!!! So today is about the same so far. She had some accidents at first as she forgot she only had on pants. Then she has also started going and realized she was and went on potty too. I am also making her help to clean up her messes so it helps her to realize what happens if she has accidents. So it seems to be helping her.....slowly.....but better!!!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
mamasewsbest
Registered Users
Formerly: Senzafine
seller

My Mood:

I'd love to know what else you find that works. My DD is 2.5 and extremely difficult about it too. Today we are trying panties and pants in the hopes that she will realize that the yucky feeling of being wet/dirty in her clothes means she should use the potty. She also won't tell us if she is wet or dirty even if it makes her rashy and last night was the last straw for me. She soaked her diaper and her pants and STILL didn't want me to change her. She kicked and screamed the whole time. So frustrating. I would love it if she PLed while my DH is home on his holidays but I am not holding my breath.
Girl #3 on the way for January 2013!
WAHM behind Abernathy Naturals.
mamasewsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasewsbest View Post
I'd love to know what else you find that works. My DD is 2.5 and extremely difficult about it too. Today we are trying panties and pants in the hopes that she will realize that the yucky feeling of being wet/dirty in her clothes means she should use the potty. She also won't tell us if she is wet or dirty even if it makes her rashy and last night was the last straw for me. She soaked her diaper and her pants and STILL didn't want me to change her. She kicked and screamed the whole time. So frustrating. I would love it if she PLed while my DH is home on his holidays but I am not holding my breath.
I understand!!! DD2 did not care if she was soaked, wet or dirty either. She went in undies just like in her diaper. I am finding the best thing for us is fleece pants with no undies. She fought me the first time I tried it but I persisted. Easy to pull up and down and fleece will absorb some of the moisture. She does not like pee running down her legs so as soon as she goes pee she realizes it and starts to know the feeling of having to go. Each day she has got better with pees on potty and Dec 23 she went 8 times!!! Most by herself!!! So only took a couple days with no undies for her to pick it up. BM's not quite so well yet (only went once on potty, rest were in her pants ). But she is learning. As well she helps me to clean up when she has a mess and helps to clean up when she goes potty. She has good days and bad days. If I put her in undies and she forgets to go potty then I go back to no undies to help her to remember. I also give her stickers on a calender (she will put on) and a sticker she can do with what she wants if she actually goes potty, not just tries. It is a lot of work and time consuming but it is paying off as she is learning. Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes!!

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 12-26-2010 at 08:04 PM.