Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
can little girls get yeast infections?

My older dd was on antibiotics a bit ago for strep and an ear infection. Now over the past few days I am noticing she has some discharge. Just last night I noticed the baby had a bit of it in her diap too!

now I worry that there is something being passed between them.... They share cloth wipes but I wash in hot every time.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: can little girls get yeast infections?

Yes, they can! I would ask your older DD if she is itchy or uncomfortable and if she is then take both of them to your ped and find out for sure.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
raversangel
Banned

yep! my neighbor's daughter got one when she was seven months old!! it can definatly happen
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama
Yes, they can! I would ask your older DD if she is itchy or uncomfortable and if she is then take both of them to your ped and find out for sure.
She's at the movies with daddy, but I will ask when she gets home. She's definately not red though.

So could it be passing back and forth through the wipes? I put diapers from both girls in the pail and wash all together but the only thing that actually touches bottoms that they share is the wipes. Do I need to modify my wash routine, get all new wipes?
Old 06-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heat kills fungus...your dipes need to be dried super hot, or left out inthe scorchinghot sun...and use Tea Tree Oil in all your wash loads for a couple weeks. $5 for a good size bottle at Wmart
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!

I have actually never washed with tto, I will have to start doing so I guess.

I will have to find some at walmart, thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't personally remember...but mom says that I used to get yeast infections ALL the time. From infancy to childhood! I believe the ones in infancy were caused by medications..and in childhood, it was soap...

I don't remember treatments or symptoms, but just wanted to chime in that they can occur at any age!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:02 PM   #8
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes they can.
Antibiotics kills all of the bacteria in the body, including the good bacteria that keeps the yeast in control. Its kalled the Flora i think. Its in the GI tract if i remember right.
So, to replace that Flora you need to get her on some acidopholous. I like Lacto-Viden ID the best. It has 15 billion microorganisms in each capsule. ITs tastelss, so either mix it into some cool food like applesauce or mashed bannanas or just open thier mouths and break open the capsule right in. You will notice a hige diffference, just keep giving it to them.
Also, Boric Acid kills yeast infections too. Vitanica makes a WONDERFUl vaginal yeast infection capsule that made to use as a suppository. But instead, just open the capsule and sprinkle it on the diaper area. Obviously, if you put it inside the body, its not going to hurt or be of harm, so its safe to use on babies bum if needed. It also has some really soothing a calming herbs that will help with the itches.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
Graciesmama
Registered Users

Yep...Gracie gets them all the time, infact it is one of the reasons we use cloth, Dr recommended it.
Graciesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:47 PM   #10
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Just chiming in to say what everyone else has...yeah, its possible.

My niece had one when she was a baby....and my SIL was CONVINCED that you had to be sexually active to get a yeast infection...so she was accusing her DH of sexually abusing their daughter...It was a big DUH The doc set her straight and she felt like JUNK for accusing people of doing such things.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote