Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: shannbannan
My Mood:
Made it 28 months... now she is weaning. :(

She'd probably still be nursing if I hadn't gotten pregnant. She started telling me about 3 weeks ago that I didn't have any ice cream milk (she says my milk tastes like ice cream <3) And then she took her last drink about a week and a half ago... Followed immediately by the stomach flu (she has been sick ONCE in her life- she had RSV at 6 months old and hasn't had so much as a fever or cough since then.)

She has asked to nurse about 3 times since then but only sucks for about 3 seconds and then just lays her head on my breast and goes to sleep. I am so sad.

married to Dan the man (5.24.03) and lovin' my babies, Hayden (5.10.04) Wilder (8.12.08) and Callan (6.24.11)
passthepickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Made it 28 months... now she is weaning. :(

Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
Naturally Wise
Registered Users
Formerly: kickboxkay
My Mood:

Big hugs!! My dd is 24 months and I know that time is coming for us. She's our last, too. But hey, you get to nurse your V baby!! That's kind of exciting. Congrats, and I hope you have a long and wonderful nursing relationship when your new baby arrives.
Kay wife since 8/02 to my awesome dh, mom to ds 9/04 and dd 12/08 . Part time teacher, Part time WAHM. See my Hyena Cart Store for natural bath, body, and home products.
Naturally Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Registered Users

I hear ya.
My first weaned because of pregnancy, and neither of us took it well. So far, dd2 (26mo) is not weaning, but she's not very interested. more like checking in every day to make sure they're still there for her. but she also has really latched onto the concept that new baby = more milk, so I think I'm in for tandem nursing this time around
ericac is offline   Reply With Quote