Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
newmommy929
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think he is pretty much weaned....

Ok, so I think I have A LOT of mixed feelings about this. I think my 3yo DS (was 3 the end of September) is pretty much weaned. I always said that I wanted to remember the last time that he nursed so I could hold on to that memory, but I can't. I honestly can't even remember how long it has been since he last nursed, I think maybe a week and a half to two weeks it has been. This makes me so sad. I thought that I would be happy that he was done/almost done, but I don't know anymore! I have A LOT of mixed feelings like I already said and I really don't know what to feel! I feel like I am loosing my baby, even though I still have his little brother to nurse. He is just growing up so fast and I feel like he isn't going to need me anymore since he doesn't want to nurse anymore. I know that I had always wanted him to wean himself, which he has pretty much done (however there were some times where I told him no, but for the most part it was him). I know it is probably better for him to wean himself, than for me to cut him off, because then it is more on his terms and he doesn't necessarily need it emotionally anymore. It just make me so sad I want to cry. Towards the ending I would only let him nurse briefly because it would kinda grate on my nerves to have him on me, but he was OK with it.

I am just soooooooo sad...I don't know what to do.....

Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think he is pretty much weaned....

is all I can offer!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dread that day!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh mama, he still needs you and will need you for many years, the need looks different but it is still very profound.

my 17 year old still needs to talk late into the night about what is going on in his life, he needs driving tips and study habit encouragment, advice on how to handle money and how to interview for his first job.

My 13 year old needs advice on getting his school work done on time, how to diagram sentences, how to you tact when speaking to others, and how to manage his time wisely

my 7 year old still needs help rememberingto get his clothes inthe hamper and his dishes inthe sink, he still needs encouragment when he feels scared or unsure, she still needs cuddles before bed and someone to tell him, he is amazing at art.

My 5 year old still needs help finding his shoes, and knowing what clothes to pick based on the weather, he still needs reminding how to be kind to his siblings na dhelp finding his lovie before bed. He still wants someone to pray with him and read to him before bed and tons of kisses and hugs all day long.

My 3 year old still need tons but you know about that...

Don;t for one minute think you are no longer needed because you are not providing a food source, you have done so well so far in meeting his needs I am sure you wil continue to listen to his needs and meet then for many years!!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakewright View Post
oh mama, he still needs you and will need you for many years, the need looks different but it is still very profound.

my 17 year old still needs to talk late into the night about what is going on in his life, he needs driving tips and study habit encouragment, advice on how to handle money and how to interview for his first job.

My 13 year old needs advice on getting his school work done on time, how to diagram sentences, how to you tact when speaking to others, and how to manage his time wisely

my 7 year old still needs help rememberingto get his clothes inthe hamper and his dishes inthe sink, he still needs encouragment when he feels scared or unsure, she still needs cuddles before bed and someone to tell him, he is amazing at art.

My 5 year old still needs help finding his shoes, and knowing what clothes to pick based on the weather, he still needs reminding how to be kind to his siblings na dhelp finding his lovie before bed. He still wants someone to pray with him and read to him before bed and tons of kisses and hugs all day long.

My 3 year old still need tons but you know about that...

Don;t for one minute think you are no longer needed because you are not providing a food source, you have done so well so far in meeting his needs I am sure you wil continue to listen to his needs and meet then for many years!!

christy this is beautiful! i have read some of your other posts as well...you seem like such a sweet loving momma! so encouraging to me to be a better momma too!!
ecbcmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nicole,
Thank you, I am trying, just like the rest of us, with God's help just taking one day at a time!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

Oh, I understand this. I have felt that way about my older dd a lot over the last 2 years when I have thought she was weaning. She has gone up to 2 weeks between nursing and then comes back to it, so she has "tricked" me into thinking she was weaned more than once! I have taken to marking it on the calendar when she nurses to help me try to remember the last time, because I do want to remember it. For a long time, I wasn't really ready for her to wean, even though I did want her to. But now, I think I am ready, because I don't really feel sad about it anymore.

http://lactationnarration.com/index....se-to-weaning/
Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
doodah
Registered Users
seller

youre his mama, he'll need you forever. Relationships change and its normal for the definition of bonding and love to change too. I know its hard to see our babies get bigger but its also important to love him for who he is now and not who he was two years ago, ya know? you will find ways to bond with him, just give it time.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote