Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #11
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Looks like blood from her girly parts!! help!

It's probably something like a UTI, but I have a friend who's 3 year old actually had a mini period due to hereditary high estrogen levels.

Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
sydney
Registered Users

Re: Looks like blood from her girly parts!! help! UPDATE

About 6 months ago my DD had the same thing, she was 4 and had bright red blood in her panties, we had an ultrasound done and it was normal and no UTI, it has no happened since our Dr said it could have been a small tear that the area down there really bleeds
sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
apostolicmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What would make them tear though?? She's only 8 months. I could understand if she was older riding a bike and fell off the seat onto the bar or something. I've heard of that causing bleeding. My mom thinks she's hormonal. That doesn't make me feel any better about this though. I mean my goodness, if she's having out of control hormones at 8 months we're really going to be in for it come adolescence!! I just hate having no explanation!! The doctor told me I was looking at her like she was an idiot b/c she couldn't tell me what was wrong w/ her. I guess I need to work on controlling my facial expressions.

Last edited by apostolicmomma; 12-23-2010 at 02:06 PM.
apostolicmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

On the newborn bleeding - DD had bleeding at a couple of days old, it's generally from residual hormones in their little bodies from Mama - newborn girls can also lactate some shortly after birth because of this.

Is she more active recently?? Maybe she was playing and managed to tear a little bit because she was moving around so much? My DD has just started trying to crawl and swings her legs back behind her and ends up spreading her legs so far trying to turn around, I can't imagine it's comfortable at all.... Perhaps something like that?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
apostolicmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She is suuuuuper active. Like her brother was, and she did just start crawling a couple weeks ago. I just can't imagine her tearing from crawling around or streching her legs to far apart. Has anyone had a LO that tore b/c of that? Please share....
Old 01-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #16
emmaegbert
Registered Users
seller

little girls can have something where the labia are not totally separated and it can tear when they are moving around. My friend's daughter had that. (the opening on its own was considered a good thing- though you can imagine the mom didn't feel great about it). MW checked our DD for it thoroughly (and explained why!) b/c she said sometimes they aren't noticeable.

Hope your DD is okay, its been over a week now!
emmaegbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Mama, I don't have a little girl, but when ds3 was about 6mos he got really dehydrated from illness and he peed uric crystals. They're dark orangy-brownish color. I freaked out thinking he had blood coming from his boy parts. Some mamas here told me that was what it was (the crystals). Could she have been a little dehydrated?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Like pp said it could be that her labia was fused a little and tore, or it might not be blood it might be red pee. If you breast feed and you have a lot of vit C it can turn your LO pee red - my LO has had red pee about 4 times in the past few months.