View Poll Results: Will you, or have you, had your last child before you got your first grey hair?
Haven't had last child yet. No grey hair yet. 15 11.81%
Haven't had last child yet, but have grey hair. 36 28.35%
Have had last child, no grey hair. 24 18.90%
Have had last child, and had grey hair 12 9.45%
Don't know if I am done having children, but have grey hair 16 12.60%
Don't know if I am done having children but don't have grey hair 20 15.75%
Other 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #51
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Will you or have you had your last child before your hair gets its first grey hai

I haven't read the responses, but this thread literally made me almost spew my tea at the screen.

And then it made me feel very old....

Seriously, I would have been completely grey after # 2... But, to defend my age, my family greys very prematurely. My grandfather was completely grey by the time he graduated high school.

Advertisement

Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #52
LadyofReason
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will you or have you had your last child before your hair gets its first grey hai

I am 31 and am done after having 4 kids. No grays yet. My dad went gray in his 20's so I was prepared to follow suit. Nothing so far. My grandma (on my mom's side) didn't get her first gray until she was 72 I believe. I hope to take after her. I'm so thrilled to make it this far though that it won't bother me when I find my first gray. lol
Old 01-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #53
wild fire child
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I remember when my mom was about 36 and complaining that she had no grey hairs yet, she finally got her first one at (I think) 38. My dad is 43 and still has no grey except in his beard. I expect to grey late, and I'm having kids early (on #2 at 21 and only plan to have 3), so I do expect that I'll be done having them long before I see grey. Plans change though
wild fire child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #54
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Saw my first gray 2 years ago, 2 months before DS3 was born. Another kid is on the way, and we know we aren't done yet.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #55
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haven't had last child and no grey hair. My mom and dad both don't have grey hair either, and they are in their 50s and 60s. If I continue to do the 3ish year age gap and having 4 biological children, then that will put the last one at 31 years old, and I doubt I'll have grey hair at that time. If we adopt in the future after we have our bio children, then maybe I will depending on what age I am at that time.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #56
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been done having kids for 5 years (since I was 23) and as far as I know I still do not have gray hair. I keep my hair clipped pretty short and I usually have it bleached and dyed bright colors so it is hard to say what color it actually is. I don't even know my natural hair color at this point. But when it is grown out I don't see any grays and to be honest my family doesn't gray early. My grandfather died in his 70's and his hair was still dark. My mother is just starting to get some gray in her hair now.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote