Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
momto4plus4
Registered Users
seller

How to ec a baby boy who always stands to poop

I'm new to ec'ing. I have quite a few online friends who ec but none here in person. I got the bjorn little potty which works awesome but I've yet to catch anything. I haven't figured out when he pees; he's almost 9 mths. I usually know when he needs to poop but he always wants to stand, either in his exersaucer or jumperoo. He has never, even as a newborn, wanted to poop in a squat position. I had him to the chiropractor quite a lot as a newborn which worked wonders on his neck and helped him poop easier but not in a different position.
How do I ec him in a standing position without the risk of him pee'ing all over me/everything around?
Any tips would be appreciated.

Advertisement

momto4plus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: How to ec a baby boy who always stands to poop

Make sure you have your cue sound/word really settle in so that when he goes, you cue - and when you cue, he knows what you're talking about!

After that - you can use the bathtub for a "standing toilet" ~ I know, it sounds weird and kinda gross, but it works! and it's lots easier to clean that the floor. and it's big. once you have established communication and he is comfortable going in the bathtub, you can always reintroduce the big toilet or bblp.

I hope that helps! Enjoy your journey!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
smilingjessica
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, try the tub.
Do you have any floor in the house that isn't carpeted? Can you confine him to that area? I would recommend to do naked time to learn his pee routine. Have towells right by to clean up any messes quickly. Or do you have any cotton fitteds or diaper you can you him wear with no cover so you can tell when he pee'd immediately? I started EC only as part time and in the beginning so I didn't get overwhelmed, I did one hour of naked time trying to learn how much he peed. So then I would know how often to take him to pee.
smilingjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
momto4plus4
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the ideas! I hadn't thought about introducing the cue word that way. That makes a lot of sense. Someone else just recommending the bathtub yesterday! I cd so that would work to have him in it without a cover or just naked. He isn't mobile yet so naked wouldn't be a big issue with a mess.
momto4plus4 is offline   Reply With Quote